PDA

View Full Version : What to use?

newadventure
13-01-2010, 09:57 AM
What type of things do you use for your learning journeys?

Ofsted advised to use hard backed books but there quite small therefore wont fit much on one page once a photo is inserted.

Any ideas would be appreciated

Thank you

mama2three
13-01-2010, 10:30 AM
i have been using scrapbooks , but when they are full im changing to files as they are so much more flexible , can section etc.

suez
13-01-2010, 12:51 PM
im using a A4 binder folder a lot bigger and you got plenty of room to add pictures/ photos

FussyElmo
13-01-2010, 01:00 PM
im using a A4 binder folder a lot bigger and you got plenty of room to add pictures/ photos

Snap :thumbsup:

venus89
13-01-2010, 01:01 PM
What type of things do you use for your learning journeys?

Ofsted advised to use hard backed books but there quite small therefore wont fit much on one page once a photo is inserted.

Any ideas would be appreciated

Thank you

I use an A3 book and my network coordinator is desparate for me to change! Ring binders do seem to be the best way....

TheBTeam
13-01-2010, 01:26 PM
In our area the training team are using scrap books as examples, I was using the folders with the clear wallets in them, but in January we got some good scrap book type books from our county supplies and are trying them out from January. I think there are advantages to both, but thought i would give the way of the training team a go!

atmkids
13-01-2010, 02:36 PM
I use an A4 ringbinder and use different colour paper inside with obs and photos on which looks nice. It's also easy to holepunch the child's artwork and add it to the folder.

newadventure
13-01-2010, 03:13 PM
It sounds like ring binders are the way to go! What types of things do you put inside? Observations, Do you put there work etc inside here. Individual Planning?

Can you put there name on or is it just initials for data protection

Thank you for all your kind replies

suez
13-01-2010, 03:32 PM
iv put there photo on there also d.o.b and start date on the front because when they leave they take it home with them inside i put all observations photos with a heading and perhaps a speech bubble comin from it, any pictures they have drawn that i coulnt fit on the wall x

Cammie Doodle
19-01-2010, 06:33 PM

This is what we use with plastic sleeve which can hold obs, photos art work etc :thumbsup:
Inside we have a quick explanation of the EYFS (as some Parents don't understand what it is all about)
Child's name is on the spine of the folder (they all have a different colour)

newadventure
19-01-2010, 09:47 PM
iv put there photo on there also d.o.b and start date on the front because when they leave they take it home with them inside i put all observations photos with a heading and perhaps a speech bubble comin from it, any pictures they have drawn that i coulnt fit on the wall x

I really like the idea of the photo and start date it will also be a lovely keepsake for the parents as the child gets older