PDA

View Full Version : Teddy bears

Nix
09-03-2008, 10:55 PM
Hello

Do any of you use teddy bears as well as dolls? Not sure about 'soft' toys but Build a Bear do some lovely ones, with clothes and they have a wheelchair!

Would welcome your views.

Thanks
Nix, x:)

chubbymummy
09-03-2008, 11:04 PM
i have lots of dolls and soft toys for the children to choose from.

i like the sound of the wheelchair from build a bear i just might have to look into that!

sarah707
09-03-2008, 11:14 PM
I have a couple of teddies, but one of my children is very allergic to house dust mites, which live on fluffy things, so I don't have many...

I have quite a few beanie babies which go in the wash regularly and don't take a lot to dry. Both boys and girls enjoy playing with these - they are dogs, cats, a mouse etc :D

susi513
10-03-2008, 09:45 AM
Top Tip: put soft toys in freezer over night (at least 6 hours) to kill dustmites before you wash them.

I use teddy bears & soft toys. Not many, but they get used a lot. Also handy for settling in and naptimes, if they don't have a special toy from home. And we are learning a song which involves putting your teddy on your head, throwing gently in the air etc lol http://www.happalmer.com/

sarah707
10-03-2008, 09:55 AM
That's an excellent site Susi... I will explore it later when I have time! Thank you :D

angeldelight
10-03-2008, 09:56 AM
Yeah Susi that is a great idea and one my doc told me to do years ago

Thanks

Angel xx

Twinkles
10-03-2008, 01:14 PM
I like the little wheelchair on that site, I may have to invest in one of those :D

Splish Splosh
10-03-2008, 01:18 PM
Thats a lovely site thankyou.

Alibali
10-03-2008, 01:56 PM
Hey Susi, thanks for that. I was just looking for teddy bear ideas as we're having a teddy workout session at our childminding group on wednesday, so for the first time ever I'm doing a topic, Teddy bears! Kids are only 1yr and two 2 year olds so was doing a picnic etc but this sites great. I'm now inspired!
Alison :)

deeb66
10-03-2008, 02:02 PM
Top Tip: put soft toys in freezer over night (at least 6 hours) to kill dustmites before you wash them.

i used to do this when Jack was younger and used to sleep with his 'Sharkie'.

He is asthematic and is aggravated by dust/house mites!