PDA

View Full Version : One off overnight

12-01-2010, 05:43 PM
One of my mums has asked me if I can have her LO overnight as a one off while they attend a wedding. I am not registered for overnight care and wondered whether I would need to register for overnight or whether Ofsted will allow me to do one off.

sonia ann
12-01-2010, 06:16 PM
hmmm i would be interested to know what people think here.....one of my mums who is pregnant has asked if I can have her lo in the night if necessary when the time comes. I am not registered for overnight care and said that I would do it but she had to understand that i would not be insured and I would not be working as her childminder but doing it as a friend, also that I would not expect any money for it. She was happy with this as her daughter has been with me for 2yrs and she has no relatives nearby who she can use.

Carol M
12-01-2010, 08:50 PM
If you are going to do this as a registered childminder you must be registered for overnight care. It will say so on your certificate. Before they let me do overnight care I had to have a visit from Fire Safety Officer to check house and he asked me about escape routes , where children would sleep ,how I would exit the house and if I understood general fire safety precautions.
I also had to request this from OFSTED in a detailed letter including info on things like my alarm system , access to bathroom for older children, drinks and food available etc etc. It took ages to come through and I did as Sonia does whilst waiting.
This was a few years ago so process may have changed now.
Carol x

sonia ann
12-01-2010, 09:28 PM
If you are going to do this as a registered childminder you must be registered for overnight care. It will say so on your certificate. Before they let me do overnight care I had to have a visit from Fire Safety Officer to check house and he asked me about escape routes , where children would sleep ,how I would exit the house and if I understood general fire safety precautions.
I also had to request this from OFSTED in a detailed letter including info on things like my alarm system , access to bathroom for older children, drinks and food available etc etc. It took ages to come through and I did as Sonia does whilst waiting.
This was a few years ago so process may have changed now.
Carol x

I just wanted to make clear that i haven't done any overnight care at all in case anyone thinks I am , also that i don't intend to offer it ........my case is just a one off if Mum goes into labour at night and I will do it as a friend as I said:) :)

wendywu
12-01-2010, 09:35 PM
If it a one off for a wedding. Get them to ask your DH or teenage daughter if they can do it as a baby sitting job.

Then it is nothing to do with you.

One of my CM friends has two teenage daughters and they often baby sit the children, in the childs own home or overnight in their family home.

But is may be wise to register if you think it may happen more than once.:)

Carol M
12-01-2010, 10:02 PM
Sorry!
I did what Sonia "would" do
Carol x

sonia ann
12-01-2010, 10:14 PM
Sorry!
I did what Sonia "would" do
Carol x

:) :) :) :) :thumbsup: