PDA

View Full Version : Brand New Website now online

MarpleJollytots
12-01-2010, 05:34 PM
www.jollytotschildminding.co.uk

Just finished off our website, i know its probably full of mistakes, but thats why i'm posting it here for you guys to check. Suggestions welcome.

Thanks for your time
Mike & Tracie

Graham
12-01-2010, 05:49 PM
Hi Mike and Tracie

Nice looking site, thanks for the link back to the forum.

Regards
Graham

mama2three
12-01-2010, 06:13 PM
its lovely , your description of your setting and what you like to do sounds really inviting.

the only 'error' i found was on the top of the service and fees page the links to the other pages dont come up like on the others , not the correct technical jargon but i hope you know what i mean.

oh and wander instead of wonder when you are talking about the gates.

hth x

manjay
12-01-2010, 06:18 PM
It's really good. Well done. I did notice minuets instead of minutes on the first page I think and some of the photos seem to be missing. I also had trouble moving from some pages to another. It comes up with something like "account inactive" on a blank page.

No criticism in any way. Just things I would want pointed out to me:D

Monkey1
12-01-2010, 06:22 PM
'it says its not available?????!!!!

manjay
12-01-2010, 06:26 PM
'it says its not available?????!!!!

It's disappeared for me too now. Maybe it's being worked on?

MarpleJollytots
13-01-2010, 09:33 AM
Its offline at the moment, trying to sort out a few problems. I may have to change who we are hosting the site with as there seems to be a few problems.
will be back soon i think.:thumbsup:

Kel04
13-01-2010, 09:40 AM
Lovely Tracie...well done :thumbsup:

Pauline
13-01-2010, 10:36 AM
Its offline at the moment, trying to sort out a few problems. I may have to change who we are hosting the site with as there seems to be a few problems.
will be back soon i think.:thumbsup:

Don't know if it helps but I can offer hosting at very low rates - see here for details:

http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=42079

:)

suzyblue
13-01-2010, 10:36 AM
Great site! It worked well for me :laughing:
Only error I noticed was in you heading 'Gallery' spelt with three l's.
Apart from that it was great! Well done!!

saintsue
13-01-2010, 11:40 AM
Hi it looks great
your place looks really nice, you are not far from me, i am in bolton
xxxxxx
luv sue :clapping:

caz3007
13-01-2010, 11:49 AM
Great website. Love your house

Across the top of the Page, the word Gallery, has too many 'l's...hope you dont think I am being picky, but nice to get it right

MarpleJollytots
13-01-2010, 01:16 PM
Thankyou for posts,we will be messing with it throughout the day to get it bang on.Mikes just taking his laptop apart at the moment Pauline so i will get him to read your post when hes done. All comments are appreciated and if anyone has any suggestions to things you think we should add let us know.I would like to put a little video in ???

MarpleJollytots
13-01-2010, 02:19 PM
Don't know if it helps but I can offer hosting at very low rates - see here for details:

http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=42079

:)

Thanks for the help Pauline. I was briefly using Apples mobileme for hosting the site, but have just moved my hosting elsewhere. Apparently this will take 48hrs to fully update, as the new Dns propagates throughout the internet. Or a least so i am told.

Thanks
Mike

Pauline
13-01-2010, 02:36 PM
Thanks for the help Pauline. I was briefly using Apples mobileme for hosting the site, but have just moved my hosting elsewhere. Apparently this will take 48hrs to fully update, as the new Dns propagates throughout the internet. Or a least so i am told.

Thanks
Mike

Yes it can do Mike. I know when I moved the forum hosting last year some members were seeing it immediately and some took ages before they could (much to their disdain! :laughing:)

CAZMCA
14-01-2010, 10:11 AM
thats a fantabulous website! :clapping:

You live near me!

MarpleJollytots
15-01-2010, 05:59 PM
Well our Website seems to have settled into the new server now so i was hoping that people could take a look again and test the site for faults and mistakes and also any advice on how we could improve things.
Thanks for all your lovely help.
Mike & Tracie

jojane
07-02-2010, 06:43 PM
lovely site but did notice there isnt a photo of the playroom anywhere? i always look for a pic of the play area to see how it compares to mine!!

zillervalley
07-02-2010, 07:44 PM
great site, well done :clapping:

Merry-Minder
07-02-2010, 08:07 PM
worked fine for me - your house is gorgeous!!

MarpleJollytots
08-02-2010, 11:17 AM
Thankyou,we are going to put a playroom pic on soon but its more like a cozy reading area with games and jigsaws etc.Craft activities will be done in our livvingroom/diningroom,we have a big table in there.How about some background music as you look through the Gallery ???? Jungle book ?? What do you think ? Maybe a little video also of me and Mike playing with our kids !!!!!?:laughing:

doodles
22-02-2010, 05:51 PM
Its Great :thumbsup:

linda2girls
07-03-2010, 10:39 PM
I think it looks great, I love your house.

Linda.

Winnie
08-03-2010, 08:10 AM
Thankyou,we are going to put a playroom pic on soon but its more like a cozy reading area with games and jigsaws etc.Craft activities will be done in our livvingroom/diningroom,we have a big table in there.How about some background music as you look through the Gallery ???? Jungle book ?? What do you think ? Maybe a little video also of me and Mike playing with our kids !!!!!?:laughing:

(personnally) music on websites makes me close them quickly. Maybe its just me :p

EllaBella
08-03-2010, 08:34 AM
it looks fab, and oh my word your house looks beautiful :D

on second pge in you need to make one of the i's capital, apologies if alredy mntioned, I dont have time to read all replies lol.

really welcoming website :thumbsup:

DIPPY DOUGHNUT
08-03-2010, 09:31 AM
I think this is a lovely website, and i love your house :D