PDA

View Full Version : Question

Melreds
12-01-2010, 02:24 PM
Does having dogs effect you becoming a childminder?

little daisies
12-01-2010, 03:40 PM
no i have 5 at the moment as i breed and show them ofsted are fine with it. i do have them fenced offin an outide run. i was told by ofsted if they come in the house then they must not have unsupervised contact with the children

Nat78
12-01-2010, 04:11 PM
I also have a dog and had no prob so far. Parent permission to have contact (supervised), take for walks and feed treats. All my parents love it cos as some have admitted they would love a dog but have't got time so their children get the dog experience with me. It is something I tell them during initial enquiry phone call along with other usual general stuff so they are aware from the start.

Pipsqueak
12-01-2010, 05:25 PM
2 dogs here and never had any problems with parents or ofsted or children.
i do let parents know straight out that i have dogs.

sarah707
12-01-2010, 06:45 PM
You will need a policy on your dogs, a file with all their health / vets stuff and a risk assessment showing how you keep the children safe with dogs in the house.

You will also need to show Ofsted that you keep the animals' food etc separate from the children you will childmind.

Good luck! :D

nannymcflea
12-01-2010, 06:50 PM
I have 2 dogs. Had a seperate area for them in the garden, though I don't think this is necessary, just proof of how you will ensure that the children remain safe in all aspects of dog ownership.:thumbsup:

Trouble
12-01-2010, 06:52 PM
i have 2 no bother with ofsted

2 parents bring there kids here cause i have lots of pets:D