PDA

View Full Version : NCMA toolkit

sfox2003
12-01-2010, 01:29 PM
Could you tell me please if the starter NCMA pack has everything in it needed or is there anything else I should purchase as an extra at the same time?

Also how long does it take to arrive? Someone has advised me to send off for it asap as theirs took weeks to arrive. NCMA tell me it should arrive within a couple of days. I need contracts as soon as Im registered as I have mindees waiting to start.

francinejayne
14-01-2010, 10:48 AM
Can you join NCMA and send off for things while you're pre-reg? I hadn't thought of doing that yet as I thought you had to be registered (no-one told me this info, my old brain just decided that on it's own!), but if it is possible then I'm defo going to do it. Can anyone help?
Thanks!

Annie_T
14-01-2010, 12:24 PM
i joined automatically wehn i was reg'ed. The grant they gave me had the price of the tool kit included in the grant.(if mkes sense)

the toolkit has everything you will need x

francinejayne
14-01-2010, 12:33 PM
Ah you're so lucky, there's no funding available for me so I'm paying for everything myself :(

mummyjo
20-01-2010, 11:13 AM
I phoned the NCMA yesterday to see if I could join as my certificate should be here any day, but that lady said that I couldn't join until my certificate has arrived unless OFSTED had said I could start minding without it! I told her that I wouldn't be minding I just wanted to make sure that I had contracts ready to use, but she said I had to wait!

francinejayne
21-01-2010, 10:21 AM
I phoned the NCMA yesterday to see if I could join as my certificate should be here any day, but that lady said that I couldn't join until my certificate has arrived unless OFSTED had said I could start minding without it! I told her that I wouldn't be minding I just wanted to make sure that I had contracts ready to use, but she said I had to wait!

Well I'm still pre-reg and I joined about 5 days ago. I did everything on-line, joined NCMA and ordered my contracts, attendance book etc. The next day they rang me back to ask did I need insurance. I told them that I wasn't yet registered as I'm still waiting for my CRBs to go through, and I'll take the insurance out once I'm registered, I just wanted all the paperwork so I could have a look at it and become familiar with it before I actually have to use it, and they were fine with that!!! I got my order 2 days later! Very impressed with the service so far! I'd query what they told you?

Rubybaby
21-01-2010, 07:57 PM
I must admit I'm also confused about the NCMA Toolkit., and have heard different things from different people..is it sent to you automatically after you have become a member of the NCMA,and do you have to have your registration certificate before joining? I think it would be really useful (while waiting for CRB'S etc )to look at all the forms and info you need while you have the time to do it!

sarah707
21-01-2010, 10:04 PM
I must admit I'm also confused about the NCMA Toolkit., and have heard different things from different people..is it sent to you automatically after you have become a member of the NCMA,and do you have to have your registration certificate before joining? I think it would be really useful (while waiting for CRB'S etc )to look at all the forms and info you need while you have the time to do it!

You do not automatically get a Toolkit.

It depends on your local authority policy.

You need to ask your childminding support coordinator :D

Rubybaby
31-01-2010, 08:17 PM
Many thanks-I'll get on to them tomorrow!

Zoomie
31-01-2010, 08:53 PM
In my area, when I got my registration certificate I made a copy and then filled in the grant form.

I got my insurance the next day (a temp cover note) and the tool kit came a few weeks later. I think this is because it was done via the local authority.

I had already bought a toolkit off of ebay so I wasn't stressed to get it quickly BUT if you can't wait for it, speak to your development worker and ask if they could let you have a contract in the meantime :)

mummyjo
01-02-2010, 09:57 AM
I registered last week so this time when I phoned up NCMA let me join! The toolkit arrived within 3 days.

Mollymop
01-02-2010, 10:31 AM
It took me weeks and weeks to get my toolkit but that was over 2 years ago now. When ever I order from NCMA lately I receive it within a few days so I think they have bucked up their ideas lately!

Yes you do get everything you need in the toolbox. - Contracts, medication and accident forms, child info forms, account book, child register. It's a good buy x

jojane
07-02-2010, 06:53 PM
what do you get in the tool kit?