PDA

View Full Version : Long Term Medication

helenlc
12-01-2010, 12:40 PM
The LO who has started today has a heart condition - cardiomyopathy - for which she has medication 3 times a day. The middle one will be while she is with me.

We have filled in a care plan and Mum has written that I have permission to administer her 2pm dose.

But my question is this - do I still have to get Mum to sign EVERY day to say that I have administered it? Or not have to as its a daily occurance?

Thanks

littletreasures
12-01-2010, 12:57 PM
I have a little one who is on long term medication for a bladder condition.

She is supposed to have a tablet at lunchtime but school will not administer it. I give it to her as soon as we get home from school.

I have got Mum to fill in a permission form which has a space for 2 weeks worth of tablets.

I try and get either Mum or Stepdad to sign the form each day, but sometimes they pick her up from me whilst I'm out so I just get them to sign it the next day.

sarah707
12-01-2010, 07:05 PM
yes you need to get parents to sign every time medication is given.

You could design a weekly or even monthly chart which they can initial to cut down on the paperwork.

I'm sure there's something on Bromley :D

helenlc
12-01-2010, 09:39 PM
yes you need to get parents to sign every time medication is given.

You could design a weekly or even monthly chart which they can initial to cut down on the paperwork.

I'm sure there's something on Bromley :D

Thanks Sarah - I was going to design a monthly sheet that they can sign at the same time they sign the register, then I can put it in her folder at the end of the month.

She was such fun today - lots of smiles and laughter, I really enjoyed it.