PDA

View Full Version : CRB CHECKS - UPDATE

sfox2003
12-01-2010, 10:51 AM
Well, after discovering last week that OFSTED made a mistake on my application & therefore I potentially have a 16 week wait instead of up to 12 I contacted OFSTED yesterday.

I had been chasing CRB & not bothering to get in touch with OFSTED - because I didnt think it would do any good. Anyway I changed my mind - thinking it couldnt do any harm & they may be able to help.

I spoke to the inspector who came to do my pre-reg inspection. She was lovely. She knew nothing about the error & said the problem was never sent back to her to rectify, which seems strange. She said although she is only human & can make mistakes, in ten years has only made one mistake on a crb application form & when she made it - she knew about it. Ofsted being a target driven organisation do let you know when a mistake is made or a delay is possible. She checked for details of the error & theres no record on the system - again v.strange.

She doesnt know whats going on. Shes worried because theyve not even started my checks & theyve had it 6 weeks. She said she may not be able to do anything but she will do her best to find out EXACTLY whats happening & when it will start.

Ive also discussed with her my standing on starting before Im registered so not to let anyone down as I have children due to start. She said I can do my after schooler (under 2 hours) and charge. I can do my fulltimer but not charge (or take any reward at all). this is fine with me. If it comes to it, I just dont want to loose them.

So Im a little more positive today.

Sarah

PS - If I do start before registration is through at no pay - do I need insurance??? I also wont be able to do contracts - what are you views on this?

sarah707
12-01-2010, 07:09 PM
I would say if you start working then you must have insurance in place - however I am not sure if either NCMA or MM will insure you until you are registered.

you will be in a very difficult position if the child has an accident and I do urge you to wait if you possibly can.

I hope the CRB goes through quickly for you! :D