PDA

View Full Version : Risk Assesment for Child with broken aarm

clarebear
12-01-2010, 09:48 AM
I was wondering if anyone could help me. One of my mindee's broke her arm last week (at home - thankfully) and i was wondering if i need to do a risk assesment on her now she has a cast on. she is getting on really well (infact it's not stopped her at all).

I'm just not sure what i need to do really.

Thanks
Clare x

madredann
12-01-2010, 10:49 AM
I would do one. Not sure if you have to. Just the difficulties she might have anything that may be more hazardous not sure how you would word it
What is the hazard- Child with broken arm. Who is at risk Child (other children)and how. not been able to care for herself eg wash hands/toileting etc What you would do to help. Provide hand rub instead of soap and water.
Ask mom if she has any extra difficulties and go from there. Depends on severity of injury and where cast is. Somebody will probably answer who has first hand experience of this. Hope that helps a bit

sfox2003
12-01-2010, 10:55 AM
Hi

Just a question from a newbie on this - if you were to do one would you just pop it in your file in case of an ofsted check, or would you show it to parents & then file it??

Thank You

Sarah

madredann
12-01-2010, 11:08 AM
I would show it to parents it shows that you are working with parents and communicating well doing the best for their child. I would do it show them and maybe give them a copy. Others might do it different though that is just my opinion

madredann
12-01-2010, 11:11 AM
I would show it to parents it shows that you are working with parents and communicating well doing the best for their child. I would do it show them and maybe give them a copy. Others might do it different though that is just my opinion It might be that you are highlighting risks but there arent any problems as the lady that started thread said the child in question is doing well just shows that you are thinking about safety

sarah707
12-01-2010, 07:06 PM
I think it's best to pick out the risks involved and make some comments.

There might be risks to other children if she wallops them with it as well :laughing: :D