PDA

View Full Version : OMG I nearly had a nasty accident today!!

Blackhorse
11-01-2010, 08:07 PM
was driving to mindees school and had to stop at the local co-op for some ham and cheese.
I had my dd and one other mindee with me at that point. Got them back in the car after having bought our things and was driving out when a little girl (about 2 yrs old) dashed out on the road. Luckily I wasnt going fast ( I never am but I was even slower as I had just pulled out of the parking space...

parents grabbed her back....i continued on and looked in the rear view mirror to make sure all was ok (which thankfully it was) ....by that points parents had let go of little girl again and let her run across the road alone!!! ( with them about 2 meters behind her)

I had already noticed the family in the shop as the little girl was trying to grab some chewing gum of a shelf and the way they spoke to her/ ie. shouted at her was apauling. then mother said : if you dont stop I will smack you. !

I was really shaken up by this and wish I would have said something to the parents....but they didnt seem the type to take any advice of anyone...

Alibali
11-01-2010, 08:10 PM
Glad all is OK, I wouldn't have said anything either as you just never know what they might do.

breezy
11-01-2010, 08:27 PM
you ok? must have shaken you up x

Blackhorse
11-01-2010, 08:30 PM
I am fine now but I had to stop for a bit to calm down.. we got to the school early as there was less traffic and roadworks had disappeared so I took the kids for a little walk in the fresh air....

I just though what if I was a bit faster (but still less than 30) and I would have hit the little girl??? It is impossible to imagine really...

sarah707
11-01-2010, 08:32 PM
I really feel for you that must have been scary!

Hugs x

LisaH
11-01-2010, 08:39 PM
Probably best not to think about what could have been, hope you are feeling better now:)

amanda1309
11-01-2010, 08:45 PM
:group hug:
sending hugs as that must have been a very scary moment for you. Gald everyone is ok.

Blackhorse
11-01-2010, 09:05 PM
thanks!! I am better now as long as I dont think about it.

I think you are right...all went well better not to think about what could have been...

just hope the parents will be more careful when crossing the road with her...at least holding hands!!

miffy
11-01-2010, 09:34 PM
That must have been very scary!

Glad all is OK and agree, best not to think about what might have happened

Miffy xx

Annie_T
11-01-2010, 11:46 PM
OH NO BLESS YA HUN

I HATE THAT WHEN HAPPENS .. ANYONE RUNNING OUT FRONT OF YOU OR AN ANIMAL.

LEAST YOU DIDNT HIT HER BUT SHE SHOULD OF BEEN IN BUGGY OR ON REINS X

OPS caps sorry

Spangles
12-01-2010, 07:28 AM
That must have been awful.

Thankfully it was okay but you'd think the parents would have learnt wouldn't you. Poor little girl.

It's a good job it was you and not some idiotic driver who wasn't paying attention or on their mobli or something!

x

angeldelight
12-01-2010, 07:32 AM
Glad all was ok and hope you are ok now

Angel xx