PDA

View Full Version : Acredited??

flora
11-01-2010, 06:27 PM
I probably should know this but how do I go about getting accredited???

The pg is prob going to have to close at the end of this July as numbers are so low, but I thought if I could offer funded session I may pick up some work??

What realistically is involved and how long odes it take.

PLease tell me warts and all :D

RachelE
11-01-2010, 06:43 PM
I could be wrong, but I think you have to be part of a network.

I went to an NCMA agm in Lincoln and they said that there very few - if any networks in Lincolnshire, due to the ruralness (is this a word?!) of the county.

Bit of a pain.

Maybe our new DW will have the answer - or maybe not!!

See you soon,
Rachel x

flora
11-01-2010, 06:48 PM
I will be a network of one !!!!!

They can't discriminiate against us cos of our rural location surely?????

You ca join me and jen too , that's 3 :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Chatterbox Childcare
11-01-2010, 06:50 PM
Contact your local EY and there might be a network already and if not they can advise you

sandy64
11-01-2010, 06:51 PM
hi im acredited you have to be a network childminder in out area you have to be childminding for 2 yrs to become a network childminder i had to do so many sessions with a teacher to learn how to do more detailed planning and obs i dont like the planning its so much harder and takes longer but im sure youd be good. you also get visits from network manager and teachers to check that child is doing ok and ofsted do extra on visit hope this helps a little

Rubybubbles
11-01-2010, 06:53 PM
there is no networks in Lincolnshire:( I kept asking when I first moved, and went to an Open forum in October and even then they said no networks still

nannymcflea
11-01-2010, 06:54 PM
As I was already planning,obs, evaluating etc all I did was fill a form in!

I had network meetings every month and assessment from the network every 6 weeks - 3 months...very regular!

Lincsminder
11-01-2010, 07:40 PM

The pg is prob going to have to close at the end of this July as numbers are so low, but I thought if I could offer funded session I may pick up some work??

there are no networks in Lincs and not much chance of us getting them either, I have brought this up at every meeting I go to but they don't seem to see it as a problem. I was told a few months ago that they were looking into a new system where as we could become accreditied but it wont be happening in my area.:angry:

jaja
11-01-2010, 07:57 PM
i would come and be part of the network if you want too, ring dawn up and ask.....xxxxx

jaja
11-01-2010, 08:03 PM

I have just emailed Dawn about this, i would have emailed the development officer but i carnt find her email address, i will ring you when i get a response xxx

wyetots
12-01-2010, 03:54 PM
Every area is different in that some require you to be network approved - a county next door to use dont seem to have to be a part of a network at all to be accreditted. I believe that if you are doing it all already and you can provide evidence and fill out the foms they require, then it is very straight forward and the only way to go to be future proof for two year old funding.