PDA

View Full Version : Update on Warning Banks

wellybelly
11-01-2010, 05:33 PM
It's official they have given me 30 days to stop using my account for my money or else. I am absolutley livid, I have even been in tears. They will not allow me to use my account in this way.

Whats worse is that we are trying so hard to keep our head above water (hubbys job on line, had no bonus for 8 months now) that I've been very focused on getting the money in the account to ensure all our bills are paid. My bank now this as we've been to ask for help which the declined. They enjoy seeing us go over our overdraft and seeing the bank charges increase.

If I have to open an account, which is inevertable now, I will do but not with the same bank. I will use my local post office so I can then sell my car (and body if I have to...) to continue to try and pay my bills.

I hate banks sooooooooooooooooo much.

Oh and I'm writing to the NCMA as well.

Chatterbox Childcare
11-01-2010, 06:49 PM
You can bank money at the post office for barclays and lloyds and it is in your account within 3 days

Alibali
11-01-2010, 06:49 PM
Open a personal account at another bank and don't tell them it's for business use!

sarah707
11-01-2010, 06:53 PM
I bank at the post office for alliance and leicester and they've always been ok..

Have a look at the moneysavingexpert website and see what he's advising :D

PixiePetal
11-01-2010, 07:17 PM
I bank at the post office for alliance and leicester and they've always been ok..

Have a look at the moneysavingexpert website and see what he's advising :D

I do too. Started it when it was Girobank as I could get money out from village post office and avoid trips into town.

manjay
11-01-2010, 07:25 PM
Open one anywhere. Maybe one that you can use online. All my parents pay into one I have with Halifax and I transfer it immediately to my bills account with another bank. It is there within minutes.

Heaven Scent
11-01-2010, 07:52 PM
You can bank money at the post office for barclays and lloyds and it is in your account within 3 days

I never knew that - I'm with Barclays - I'm trying to open a cash card account with nationwide at the moment but they destroyed my first application because I didn't complete my employment details on the form correctly - didn't think I had to enter employer details as I'd ticked self-employed box. I would have thought that they would have just returned it to me to complete the blanks. I'm sick of Barclays - they mess me about and lie to me about when my payment go in.

HomefromHome
11-01-2010, 08:03 PM
have to say i would recommend nationwide whole heartedly! one, its a building society still and two, i can manage it all completely online. i have never had a prob with them, they know my job (u dont need a business account (unless you're earning billions) - at the end of the day the i.r can audit all your accounts regardless!). hth:)

gigglinggoblin
11-01-2010, 08:42 PM
Alliance and Leicester are paying 100 pounds to switch atm, another 40 if you go through quidco. I am considering it and I dont have any problems with my bank, just wouldnt mind the cash!

solly
11-01-2010, 08:56 PM
I have been with Alliance & Leicester for years (was girobank when i opened my account)

I would never bank with Barclays as we are having problems with them at the moment, my brother in law died in may and he had a barclays account and had £1500 in there my DH is next of kin and we are still waiting for the money, we have signed all the forms etc its not like we are asking them to give us back thousands:angry: