PDA

View Full Version : need informations about the DHC1

kelvinmuns
09-03-2008, 08:18 PM
hello it's mary the french woman
for the peoples who read my post about my presentation you know me but for the other i am new here it was 1 year and 3 months than i live here and in last november i decide to became a childminder
and i am very scare because i have a pbm with the language against
i spent more time in internet to fin more information about the childmindind but i have yet more questions.
the first is about the DHC1 i would like to know what is it realy ??
because for me the moment i found some information about the DHC2 3.. and i would like to know if it's the same. if i have a right understanding it's a course for the qualification?? if i am wrong please give me the right please
i would like to know more before my appointement
thankyou very much for your help
good evening
byebye
marie

sarah707
10-03-2008, 08:23 AM
I'm can't answer to this as I never did the DHC... but I'll bump it up in case somebody else can help! :D

angeldelight
10-03-2008, 08:35 AM
Hi Mary

Hope you are finding your way around the forum ok ?

There might be some information here

Click on the link

http://www.surestart.gov.uk/magazine/issue13/diploma/

Angel xx

Blaze
10-03-2008, 07:07 PM
DHC is the Diploma in home-based childcare...a level 3 qualification. It is made up of 5 units..DHC 1, DHC2...etc

DHC1 is the same as Introduction to Childminding Practice (ICP).

If you already have the ICP (which I presume you do, if you are already a childminder?) then you do units 2-5 of the DHC to complete the Diploma. If not you do units 1-5 for the full diploma.

Hope this helps you.

Tasha:)

kelvinmuns
10-03-2008, 07:12 PM
hello
thankyou for yours answer
i am more reasure now
it's not very difficult apparantly i need to have a good night and no headache this day and i think i will be good
thankyou again
good evening marie

Blaze
10-03-2008, 07:14 PM
Glad to help!
Bon soir!
Tasha:)