PDA

View Full Version : Cancellation notice?

Paws
11-01-2010, 02:40 PM
Hi
Could I just ask how much notice you require for cancellation? Say you have someone booked in for their set time/day, how much notice do you require that they will not be attending? If they can't attend due to being ill for example, what then? Do you charge full or half fee?

Thanks so much.

Chatterbox Childcare
11-01-2010, 02:42 PM
No cancellation because if they are ill or on holiday then they pay.

I do ask for 6 weeks notice of holiday on my contracts but it is a 2 way street and both parties advise of them when they are booked. Mine got 6 months notice this time.

Paws
11-01-2010, 02:54 PM
Ok, thanks.
I have one Mum querrying her bill. Out of 3 days her daughter was booked in over the xmas holidays, one day she was poorly, and one day her Granny said she could have her instead (two days before hand). She wants to know how much notice she needs to give before not having to pay for the day (ie - Granny two days before hand). I don't really know what to say! All the befre and after schoolies book in on school holidays on an as and when basis.

AliceK
11-01-2010, 03:07 PM
My contract states that if I get 4 weeks notice then it's only 50% fee otherwise it's full fees. Parents don't pay for my time off.

xxxxx

helenlc
11-01-2010, 03:28 PM
My contract states that if I get 4 weeks notice then it's only 50% fee otherwise it's full fees. Parents don't pay for my time off.

xxxxx

I ask for 4 weeks notice of time booked off ie Grandparents going to look after them, Mum/Dad day off etc. Without this notice, it is charged at full pay.

When LO is sick, I get full pay.

little daisies
11-01-2010, 04:04 PM
any extra hours outside of contracted hours which is what i think you are asking i ask for 24 hour notice to cancel or i charge

Paws
11-01-2010, 04:29 PM
any extra hours outside of contracted hours which is what i think you are asking i ask for 24 hour notice to cancel or i charge

That's exactly what I ment! Thank you - I am useless at getting my point across!

mama2three
11-01-2010, 04:45 PM
any hours booked outside contract hours are payable at the time of booking , and non-refundable . that way they only book me if they really need me , not just incase they might need me.

loocyloo
11-01-2010, 05:27 PM
any hours booked outside contract hours are payable at the time of booking , and non-refundable . that way they only book me if they really need me , not just incase they might need me.

snap! me too!

Zoomie
11-01-2010, 05:38 PM
It really depends on what you have put in your contract. Do you use NCMA ones, cos they have places for you to fill in your notice periods / contracted days, and also whether you charge full, half or no fee or your / child / parent holidays / sicknesses ....