PDA

View Full Version : Hauck Infinity?

helenlc
11-01-2010, 02:35 PM
The LO I have starting this week has Williams Syndrome which means, amongst other things, she is slightly delayed in her mobility and speech. She will be 2 at the end of Feb and is slightly smaller than a average 2 yr old.

Anyway, to help with her speech, I want to get a parent facing pushchair so I can chat to her when we are out and about.

I have found these two that I like (and can cope with the price of!:D ):

http://www.kiddicare.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/productdisplayA_363_10751_-1__59958_10001_

http://www.kiddicare.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/productdisplayA_0_10751_-1__86372_10001_

(I dont need the car seat or carry cot with my current mindees but as they come with the package I may as well as cannot find the prams on their own for much difference money wise anyway)

But I have a couple of concerns:

Can I fold either pushchair with the seat unit facing me ie rear ward facing? I will be in and out of the car a few times a day and whilst it looks quite easy to take the seat units on and off, I would prefer not to have to.

Although they say they are up to 3 or 4 yrs of age, do you think the seat units look generous enough (especially the Bebe Confort one as reviews say the harness and seat height is not all that generous)

Do you think the Hauck Infinity will fit in the boot of my Galaxy? I will measure it myself but just wondered if anyone had one and got it in the Galaxy.

I just wondered if anyone had any experience of either of them or could recommend a reasonably priced and preferably small (when folded) one?

littlesprogs
11-01-2010, 03:32 PM
i have the hauck infinity for my son. It is a big pushchair and fits in the boot of my mazda 6 and leaves room for my monthly shop but my car has a huge boot!

It will fold down while parent facing but this makes it very very bulky.

Also i got mine from a shop on ebay for ALOT cheaper than that and it didnt have the extras that i didnt need. It came with cosytoes and raincover. Might be worth having a look. It is a lovely pushchair though.

My son is 18 months and the straps and too big for him so i have to pad them out so i would say it would definately last you a while!

helenlc
12-01-2010, 07:37 AM
Thanks for that. Good to know the seat is roomy.

Am watching an Infinity on Ebay near me.:thumbsup:

onceinabluemoon
12-01-2010, 07:44 AM
You can get longer straps for the bebe confort from the manufacturer if it comes with short straps.

Out of the 2 I'd go for the infinity although it looks like a huge fold in that pic so think about whether space would be an issue.

Pudding Girl
12-01-2010, 09:03 AM
I'd go for the Infinity over the Loola Helen, heard not much good about Loolas but not much bad about Inifinitys :)

helenlc
12-01-2010, 09:25 AM
I'd go for the Infinity over the Loola Helen, heard not much good about Loolas but not much bad about Inifinitys :)

Yes, reviews of the Loolas werent brilliant but it looks smaller than the Infinity for getting in the car. The down side of this is that it is then small in general ie seat size and harness it would seem.

I will have to get hold of the folded dimensions of the Infinity and check it will fit behind my back seats.

Thanks