PDA

View Full Version : newly registered

littlestars26
11-01-2010, 01:42 PM
hi i am newly registered given my job up to do childminding. however i am at a loose end havnt had much intrest or havnt had a child start yet. anybody got any advice for me. how do i find parents i have advitise in shops, on childcare.co.uk and made a site on webs

AliceK
11-01-2010, 01:55 PM
hi i am newly registered given my job up to do childminding. however i am at a loose end havnt had much intrest or havnt had a child start yet. anybody got any advice for me. how do i find parents i have advitise in shops, on childcare.co.uk and made a site on webs

Hi
Have you given your details to FIS yet. Although the website still doesn't appear to be accurate parents can call them and get details. Also are there any toddler groups you can attend to get your face known. What about local schools maybe they would let you put a flyer up?? Have you put an advert on Netmums site?
Good luck. Things will get moving soon

xxx

louloudi
11-01-2010, 01:58 PM
I've found word of mouth to be the best method. Tell everyone you know that you are now childminding. Do you use facebook?

You could get some business cards from Vista and hand them out, Let your local school know that your childminding. I'm pretty sure childminders can now advertise in local surestart centres. Register on yell.com. Stick a poster in your car, register on childcare link (when its up and running again)! Print some leaflets and go door to door where you know there are families.

Hope this helps