PDA

View Full Version : How many weeks holidays

Clever Clogs
09-03-2008, 07:35 PM
Hi there

I have filled out my first two contracts and am a bit unsure what to put for my holidays. What is the norm? Is it normally 4 weeks for the parent and 4 weeks for the childminder and if so what do most of you do for xmas? I've been used to taking 2 weeks off at xmas which I don't suppose will be ideal now - if you do take hols then do you include them in the 4 weeks hols or over and above that?

Advice greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Tracey

Spangles
09-03-2008, 07:37 PM
I put 4 weeks for the parent and 4 weeks for myself but I've been questionning this lately because I charge full fee for parental holidays so I can't see why they can't have as many holidays as they like! I will still get paid whether the children are there or not so don't really understand this in my situation!

I guess if you only charge them half you would have to restrict their hols or you'd lose out.

Sorry, I haven't helped you with your query have I!?

mamapink
09-03-2008, 07:52 PM
hello
i think that it is your business so your available to work times are up to you after all you are not expecting to be payed then

i am planing to have 4 weeks a year off and bank hols and the christmas week (25-1jan roughly) after all the parents may just have to fit their hoildays around care provision for their children

as i said this is the plan only when i start to mind i may end up doing it differently

bye pink:o

miffy
09-03-2008, 07:56 PM
I don't put a number of weeks down - I charge in full when parents are on holiday and nothing for my holidays although I do say I expect 2 weeks paid leave to stop parents always having the same holidays as me

I usually have 4 weeks off excluding bank holidays

Miffy xx

angeldelight
09-03-2008, 07:58 PM
I am more or less the same as Miffy

Angel xx

manjay
09-03-2008, 07:59 PM
I don't put a number of weeks down - I charge in full when parents are on holiday and nothing for my holidays although I do say I expect 2 weeks paid leave to stop parents always having the same holidays as me

I usually have 4 weeks off excluding bank holidays

Miffy xx

Like your style Miffy!! I have in my contracts that parents can have 2 weeks half price and the rest full. I charge nothing for mine and am going to have at least 4 weeks, one being over Christmas

amanda xx

sarah707
09-03-2008, 08:18 PM
I have 4 weeks unpaid holiday a year. I don't have parents who will pay if they don't use me at the moment and there's no point forcing the issue as I'd just lose the work :(

deeb66
10-03-2008, 03:50 PM
I do not restrict either side to the amount of holidays but do say that I only usually take a few weeks off as i don't get paid.

I do not charge for my holidays.
Parent pay full fee for their holidays.

The only thing I ask is as much notice as possible especially on my side as the parents either have to take time off or arrange alternative care.

Banana
10-03-2008, 03:53 PM
My holidays are under 4 weeks (unpaid)

Parents can take as much holiday as they like - theirs is full fee

x

wendywu
10-03-2008, 04:35 PM
I take 4 weeks un paid and i often tag the odd Friday before a bank holiday on to this and have a long weekend abroad. I am just about to do this for the last one in May, i fancy a few days in the sun and Malta is cheap at the moment.:blush:

They can have 52 weeks a year if they want as they pay me full for theirs.:laughing:

ma7ie
11-03-2008, 08:58 AM
I have up to 4 weeks unpaid plus bank holidays (don't want to work bank holidays so don't charge)

Parents can have up to 4 weeks at half fee then full fee after that.

Rubybubbles
11-03-2008, 11:37 AM
I take 30 days unpaid
parents can take 30 days 1/2 fee

I've never used them all:o

but this year I seem to be as lots of training courses

Chimps Childminding
11-03-2008, 02:33 PM
I usually take upto 4 weeks during the year and I am closed for 2 weeks over Christmas (all unpaid). Parents holidays are at half fee for upto 4 weeks and full fees for anthing over 4.