PDA

View Full Version : parent questionnaire

chewy sweets
11-01-2010, 01:29 PM
Gave one of my mum's a parent questionnaire to fillin the other day and she asked what it was for. I said it was to get feedback and ways to improve my service. I also mentioned my inspector would want to see them. This is when she declined and said she didn't want inspectors contacting her as she didn't have time. Am i right in telling her she wouldn't have tospeak to the inspector and that they would just read what she's written. This mum is very busy and only just has time to speak to me. I need a questionnaire filled in and don't want her put off by the inspector!

Trouble
11-01-2010, 01:39 PM
I think they only speak to the parent if they turn up and there there but they can say no

they like questionaire:D :D

chewy sweets
11-01-2010, 01:43 PM
I think they only speak to the parent if they turn up and there there but they can say no

they like questionaire:D :D

I think the mum's thinking that the inspector would phone her to discuss things with he.Don't know why the mum's so worried it'smy inspection!!!:laughing:

AliceK
11-01-2010, 01:51 PM
Can you advise her that its about Working with parents etc and ask that if she does not want to fill in the questionnare can she write a note saying that she has been offered one to complete and has refused :laughing: . If you reassure her that Ofsted WILL NOT contact her maybe she would be more inclined to cooperate. If she still refuses I would keep a copy of the questionnaire and document the mums refusal. That way Ofsted can see you are TRYING to work with parents.

xxxxx

chewy sweets
11-01-2010, 04:11 PM
Can you advise her that its about Working with parents etc and ask that if she does not want to fill in the questionnare can she write a note saying that she has been offered one to complete and has refused :laughing: . If you reassure her that Ofsted WILL NOT contact her maybe she would be more inclined to cooperate. If she still refuses I would keep a copy of the questionnaire and document the mums refusal. That way Ofsted can see you are TRYING to work with parents.

xxxxx

Yes mum already said she'd fill it in if she didn't have to thendiscuss it with an inspector.:huh:

Pipsqueak
11-01-2010, 05:12 PM
Ofsted have to get permission first before they contact the parent, so perhaps you could add a bit on the bottom that they do not give their permission to be contacted.

Just explain its to show that you work with the parent, take notice of what they are telling you, so you can improve your service and outcomes for children etc etc.

At the end of the day, if she still refuses then I would make a note of this and why and get parent to initial/sign