PDA

View Full Version : Did you use your buggy today?

Chatterbox Childcare
11-01-2010, 12:55 PM
We had more snow overnight and I couldn't even think about the buggy.

Mindee doesn't walk for long so I took her in the sledge. She was laughing most of the way, until she fell off!

Going back again the same way for school pick ups

estrelas
11-01-2010, 12:57 PM
I used mine, was a bit of a nightmare to be honest, luckily it was just the single.
No more snow here, but snow mixed with rain etc, its hard work

TheBTeam
11-01-2010, 01:05 PM
We had a bit more snow last night and i took my double, it wasn't to bad on the paths even though they were covered in snow, did have trouble on some bits so turned it round and pulled it, it has one handle, so this wasn't too difficult!

Anything is better than last year when i had a side by side triple and three children in it all too young to walk, but over a year old, and one side of the triple decided to start to collapse, my the time my new investment from NZ arrived the snow had cleared and i didnt have the mindees that needed it!!!!!!!!!!

And to cap it all, I noticed just as we got to school that the reception child had put her bag and lunchbox down and when questioned she said yes back at my house!!!!! So I had to walk back again!!1

nell57
11-01-2010, 01:08 PM
Yes I used my buggy for school run today and it was really hard going. Love your idea to use the sledge:clapping: but i have 2 lo's, one in pushchair and other on buggy board, so sledge wouldn't be practical for me.

ajs
11-01-2010, 01:13 PM
i did and it was hard but the buggy is a three wheeler and very easy usually
the hardest thing was the 3 year old insisted on holding my hand so i didn't have it to help push when the going was tough

grindal
11-01-2010, 01:25 PM
I have just got back from playgroup run with double buggy and 3 yr old walking. It was really hard work - loads of people walking down the middle of roads cos pavements are so treacherous, but did not really think I could justify that with mindee!

louised
11-01-2010, 01:51 PM
I used my double and it doubled my school run time, I was dripping with sweat when I got back then went back out and did it again for nursery pick-up and have to do it all again at 3. Youngest mindee is only 6 months so I can't use a sledge, Iwould love to tell them I can't do the school run but I know the parents would give me too much grief!

The Juggler
11-01-2010, 02:07 PM
I used my double. we had a bit more snow overnight so at least pavements were not too icy but it was hard work. I was out of breath and my legs killing me.

Rubybubbles
11-01-2010, 02:13 PM
yes and my legs can feel it:(

Got to make my way back to school again soon, with heavy 2 yr old in it!! I managed to get him to walk home, but he is asleep atm so will be too tired and grumpy to walk! I refuse to use my car most weathers, it's not been used since I came home on 28th December lol

Chatterbox Childcare
11-01-2010, 02:25 PM
I have to go to the post office this afternoon so I am using the car

lou lou
11-01-2010, 03:13 PM
same here i used my double buggy my back was killing me by the time i got back it is not good now getting very fed up of the weather and now there is going to be more snow tomorrow

Carol
11-01-2010, 07:20 PM
I used my single buggy hard work back up the hills..........it felt more like a work out at the gym so hopefully I might of lost some weight (fingers crossed)

Carol xx

zillervalley
11-01-2010, 07:35 PM
No more snow here, took mindee to nursery it was very hard work, dreading the double tomorrow

HomefromHome
11-01-2010, 07:39 PM
the smaller the wheels the harder it is - but a tip ladies and gents.... if you have swivel wheels - LOCK EM AND GO!!!!! it is much easier to push with wheels locked in snow - tried and tested with many buggy types (cos i sad and have had that many buggies!!!! lol) hth peeps:D

Merry-Minder
11-01-2010, 07:41 PM
Think of your bums and thighs girls - mine are really feeling it after school run!!

HomefromHome
11-01-2010, 07:43 PM
Think of your bums and thighs girls - mine are really feeling it after school run!!

definately - have peeled off all me layers by the time i get home!!!!! lol lol

lovemyprams
11-01-2010, 07:53 PM
Hard going for me too!

Had three trips to school:eek: Before and after school and nursery run!

My arms are aching and am worried that it will affect my tennis elbow! My arm is not good at the moment. :panic:

Have three trips tomorrow and Thurs!

Home from Home - thanku for that tip - will try that tomorrow and see how I go.:)

TheBTeam
11-01-2010, 08:25 PM
the smaller the wheels the harder it is - but a tip ladies and gents.... if you have swivel wheels - LOCK EM AND GO!!!!! it is much easier to push with wheels locked in snow - tried and tested with many buggy types (cos i sad and have had that many buggies!!!! lol) hth peeps:D

This is definitely true, i had to manage a triple last year, and was going insane until i found this out! Today i went to lock the wheels on my double only to find that the clip that did this had disappeared and I couldn't:angry:

Carol
11-01-2010, 08:31 PM

Thanks for the advice will try it tomorrow

Carol xx

LisaH
11-01-2010, 08:44 PM

Oh how I wish I knew that earlier!!!:laughing:

I got halfway down the path and abandoned the buggy and carried mindee to school, it just wouldn't budge!!
The car will have to come back out tomorrow i think:)

amanda1309
11-01-2010, 08:54 PM
we have no snow left. We had loads over the weekend and we got up this morning and its all gone. So no sledging for us:crying:

miffy
11-01-2010, 09:40 PM
we have no snow left. We had loads over the weekend and we got up this morning and its all gone. So no sledging for us:crying:

Lucky you! I wish ours would go now

It was too deep here to use the buggy today and it took ages for us to walk.

Just glad it was a bit warmer

Miffy xx

TheBTeam
11-01-2010, 09:43 PM
If the snow is anything like the snow we had last Feb we will still have this snow this Feb, it took some neighbours and us to clear the whole front road outside our house with shovelling it into drains, then pouring hot water to keep clearing the drains so we could fill them again! We do not get the sun out the front of our house and so it stays cold and solid!

Still I couldn't fix the wheels on my buggy today and the metal to the basket has sheared off, so gave me a good excuse to just buy another, after all I need to fix the wheels in this weather!:laughing:

miss mopple
11-01-2010, 09:43 PM
I took my phil and teds this morning and it really struggled so I took the kids down on the sledge this afternoon and now my back is suffering for it :rolleyes:

Not sure what Im going to do tomorrow- think it'll have to be the buggy again as dont want to put my back out and I have two 20mth olds to transport

TheBTeam
11-01-2010, 09:51 PM
If you have a buggy with one handle rather than two I found it easier to pull it some of the way, especially when going on the rougher snow. My graco duosport double coped quite well on the more compacted snow but needed pulling on the softer stuff, it certainly is better with the wheels fixed.

Rubybubbles
11-01-2010, 09:54 PM
I locked my pushchair today:D I have the Phil&teds:thumbsup:

madasahatter
11-01-2010, 10:38 PM
I struggled today going to school (3 times) as it is uphill all the way. This morning I had 4 LO's on the school run. Two were in my double as one a non walker and one not long been walking. I had no option but to go on the road because the pushchair just would not move on the pavement, whilst my older mindees (11 and 10) walked on the path with the 4 and 3 yr old.
When I got just about to school we get to a cross roads (20m from school gate) and after crossing that I could get no further. A silly householder needed his car jump starting and the van with the jump leads was blocking the whole road, cars queued in all directions so I could no longer go on the road as not enough room, and the path was impossible:censored: . I had to get the older mindee (11 yr old) to take in my 7 yr old mindee (I rang his mum and made sure it was ok and recorded it). Just thankful I didn't have any in key stage 1 or morning nursery.
Thankfully I only my older 10 and 11 yr old mindees tomorrow and they both have permission to go to school on their own, so I can avoid the mad morning school run. Only have to do the nursery run in the afternoon and school pickups.

Roll on the big thaw!!!

grindal
12-01-2010, 11:26 AM
It was harder for me today now more of the snow is melting - its like pushing through treacle or something! Luckily DS2 walked most of the way to playgroup but he is now asleep and we are off again in about 5 mins!

caz3007
12-01-2010, 12:10 PM
I used the buggy for the first time today and to be honest it was great. We have lots of ice and I felt a lot more stable than I did yesterday. Did walk in the road when I got the backroads.

I have to walk along an icerink, sorry alley thats quite long and finishes in a steepish slope of sheer ice. A man who lives near it was clearing the slope when I came back and said he is hoping clear the whole alley before the school run this afternoon. Heres hoping, if he does he is a real star and I will be knocking his door with some cans

The Juggler
12-01-2010, 06:54 PM
Have to say, am feeling the strain in my biceps, thighs and ab. muscles - maybe it's a good workout!!:laughing:

Annie_T
12-01-2010, 09:26 PM
i did today and oh my what a mission to get to the schhol buggy seemed ot have mind of its own in the slush/ice/snow haha x