PDA

View Full Version : Kent CFIS

venus89
11-01-2010, 12:09 PM
Has anybody managed to look up childminder details on this yet? The search looks very cheaply made and I've been trying for days with no luck to look up details of minders in my area..... Has anybody had better luck than me?

sarah707
11-01-2010, 07:01 PM
dunno about Kent but Cheshire is a mess :rolleyes:

Annie_T
11-01-2010, 07:15 PM
do you mean this one?

http://88.208.211.141/providers/search.aspx?page=3

i have and they come back with loads lol :(

kentcfis
12-01-2010, 04:22 PM
there has been a bug in our latest release of software from our vendor which may be fixed at the end of this week with a hybrid release of the next software due on the 22nd Jan.

we registered a formal complaint to our vendor today after various promises on their part and it is being progressed.

kentcfis
15-01-2010, 11:09 AM
Further to this Forum post I can confirm our Hybrid Beta Release from our Database vendor has fixed the immediate issue of timing out and results are now displayed.

We have noted and reported that the distance field seems to be working at random but given this is a Beta release we are expecting issues until our Vendor has quality assured their product.

You can access our search directory Via www.kent.gov.uk/CFIS and then clicking search for childcare or more directly on the following link

http://fisonline.tribalhosted.co.uk/Kent/EarlyYears/PublicEnquiry/

The online search is being re-branded to have the look of the main council site however this work is still ongoing owing to Kent County Council deploying a new Content Management System (CMS).

Regards
Kent CFIS

sarah707
15-01-2010, 01:07 PM
I think it is great that Kent CFIS are taking the time to come on here and keep childminders in their area updated with progress of the site.

The loss of our main advertising site has been a worry to a lot of childminders through the country and it is good to see Kent being proactive in helping childminders to get their 'shop window' back.

Thank you :D

kentcfis
18-01-2010, 03:54 PM
thanks for the comment of support sarah707 - we try our best.

venus89
18-01-2010, 06:59 PM
Thankyou KentCFIS for answering my post - I've retried and can now get through to the search as a parent - a prospective client - would see it. I'm slightly alarmed that my website is there - I forgot I did one and I'm sure I never told you about it!! But on the plus side that will give me just the shunt I need to fiddle around with it and make uit perfect :)

kentcfis
19-01-2010, 09:17 AM
No Problem - the website would have been provided to us by OfSTED, most likely it was added on your application form or something the inspector picked up on.

OfSTED send data to FIS on a 24hour basis so if you need the website address to point elsewhere please inform them and as soon as they release the information to us within 24hours it will appear on all Parent Know How web channels and it will appear immediately on our council website.

Annie_T
19-01-2010, 10:01 PM
thanks it looks good x

kentcfis
02-02-2010, 01:31 PM
Searching by school (for pickup and drop off) now added to our site for Kent provision.

We haven't yet got pickup drop off from other childcare providers yet...

If you have told us that you do pickup/drop off from a school chances are we do have this information but the pickup and drop off options are new...

this will most likely be the case in why some kent providers do not show up... it doesn't mean we dont have the information it just means we've yet to be told pick / drop off or both...

thanks for your help/concerns to date...

Twinkle
03-02-2010, 10:19 PM
dunno about Kent but Cheshire is a mess :rolleyes:

Wirral doesn't exist full stop. We appear to have dropped off the face of the earth!

kentcfis
23-02-2010, 04:12 PM
our re-branding is now complete

http://fisonline.tribalhosted.co.uk/Kent/EarlyYears/PublicEnquiry/

We've completed the first phase of the web update facility and have hit a issue before going live.