PDA

View Full Version : having a problem with mum

chewy sweets
11-01-2010, 12:08 PM
a mum is constantly changing the hours i have her son. It started at 27 hours a week and has gone down to 17. She doesn't give me notice as stated inthe contract and complains when charge her full. I said we'd change the contract and she said no because she may need the 27 hours again! Gave her invoice this morning and she complained saying he was only with me 18 hours last week! :angry:

What shall i do as i've already turned business away because of the hours her lo is with me!

Chatterbox Childcare
11-01-2010, 12:14 PM
Talk to her when she collects, explain again that you need to do a contract for what she wants and if she wants 27 hours then she has to pay for it.

If she continues to hassle you and not pay for the agreed time advertise for more work and give her notice when you have someone

Twinkles
11-01-2010, 12:16 PM
I agree with Debbie. You just don't need the stress if you have others interested in the place.

daisyboo1980
11-01-2010, 12:16 PM
if she is contracted for 27 hours she pays the 27 hours whether used or not you have a business to run and you are open its her choice not to send the child.

youarewhatyoueat
11-01-2010, 12:17 PM
Get her to pay in advance of the hours she is contracted for, then she even uses them or changes her hours on the contract.

emmadines
11-01-2010, 07:05 PM
Get her to pay in advance of the hours she is contracted for, then she even uses them or changes her hours on the contract.

all my mums pay me in advance, I had one who paid me late and was hit with my late payment fee as she was over a week late. she was due to pay me the week beginning the 28th which i booked off as we got married on the 29th, then asked me to waver the late payment as i didnt have her child, i was like i didnt charge you for that week anyway so no im afraid not .

but grrrrrrrrrr all the same, and in advance is deff alot easier to sort out!!

jumpinjen
11-01-2010, 07:31 PM
I negotiated a halfway fee with one family who wanted flexible hours, between 12 and 24 every week, but couldn't say whether it would be 12 hours three weeks in a row or not, so i explained that I was happy to be flexible for them but that if I took on a full time child, it would be about 27-30 hours a week and could we agree on a halfway fee of 20 hours weekly? they were happy with that to secure the place and it's enough for me and i know what my income will be. If they use less hours I Still get paid for 20, and if they use more then they pay for the extra hours. it suits me to have the lesser hours so i was happy with that. She did sign a contract though and don't renegotiate a lesser contract that will leave you out of pocket either. if she wants all mornings and you can fill the afternoons then fine, but if she wants flexi time and you have to keep the place open then you will be financially scuppered as far as that place goes!

jenni