PDA

View Full Version : how many kids can i have?

Fluff
10-01-2010, 08:44 PM
Hi,

I just wondered if someone can clear this up for me, my registration says im registered to care for no more than 2 children under 8 years; of these, not more than 1 may be in the early years age group, and of these, not more than 1 may be under 1 year at any one time (Early Years Register, compulsory part of the Childcare Register)

so, that mean i can only have 1 under 5 right?
and then 1 between 5 + 8? and can i have as many over 8s as i want? within reason of course! can i have an under 1 aswell as the 16 month old i have?

im so scared of getting this all wrong and ending up in trouble!

beccas
10-01-2010, 08:46 PM
yes thats right or youcan have 2 over fives but as many over eights as you want

LittleAcorns
10-01-2010, 08:47 PM
Your certificate only covers your minded children not your own children so yep you can have one in the early years and one 5-8 :thumbsup:

Tatjana
10-01-2010, 08:47 PM
You can't have another mindee as well as the 16mth old because you are only allowed 1 in the early years...this is the 16mth old.

xx

Tatjana
10-01-2010, 08:50 PM
You can't have another mindee as well as the 16mth old because you are only allowed 1 in the early years...this is the 16mth old.

xx

I haven't made that very clear, sorry, I mean you can't have 1 under 1 as well as the 16mth old because you only have 1 space in the early years and this is the 16mth old.

Sorry to confuse you further!

Your other mindee must be within the 5-8 group.

xx

Fluff
10-01-2010, 09:59 PM
thanks, thats what i thought but wasnt sure,

bit miffed actually, its taken me a year to get registered and i thought id be able to have 2 mindies but never mind hey!
my eldest turns 8 in july and my middle baby turns 5 in july and starts full time school after easter so my registration will change then wont it?

clio0602
10-01-2010, 10:05 PM
I would have thought it meant you could have 1 under 5 plus your 16 mth old and one 5-8yr old. I was told that they take your children into consideration and take them off your numbers to start with. Thats why you need to inform them if you own children move from under 1 to early years to school age then to over 8 so they send you new reg cert with changes to the numbers you can have in each age grp.

Hope that makes sense

Chatterbox Childcare
10-01-2010, 10:27 PM
At the moment you certificate allows you to have 2 children PLUS your own. Of these 2 children you can have child 1 from 0-8 and child 2 from 5-8

Hope that clears it for you.

Once you own children move an age group your certificate will change in age groups but you will not be allowed anymore children until one turns 8.

ss1983
13-01-2010, 09:52 PM
Your certificate only covers your minded children not your own children so yep you can have one in the early years and one 5-8 :thumbsup:

i have two of my own children 5 and 2 and my certificate says i can have 4 under 8 only 2 under 5. thats on top of my own ?

ss1983
13-01-2010, 09:57 PM
i have 2 of my own children 4 year old and 2 year old, my certificate says i am registered for 4 under 8, i can have one under 5 but when i care for one who at school full time(which is my daughter) i can double the number in the early years so i can have 2 under 5. so can i have 2 over 5 plus my daughter who counts as 5? in one day?

Carpet Monkeys
13-01-2010, 10:12 PM
Hi,

I just wondered if someone can clear this up for me, my registration says im registered to care for no more than 2 children under 8 years; of these, not more than 1 may be in the early years age group, and of these, not more than 1 may be under 1 year at any one time (Early Years Register, compulsory part of the Childcare Register)

so, that mean i can only have 1 under 5 right?
and then 1 between 5 + 8? and can i have as many over 8s as i want? within reason of course! can i have an under 1 aswell as the 16 month old i have?

im so scared of getting this all wrong and ending up in trouble!

Is the 16month old your DS or DD?? If so, then you can have another child under 5, if it's a child you mind then you can't have another child under 5. I think that's correct.

Carpet Monkeys
13-01-2010, 10:18 PM
i have 2 of my own children 4 year old and 2 year old, my certificate says i am registered for 4 under 8, i can have one under 5 but when i care for one who at school full time(which is my daughter) i can double the number in the early years so i can have 2 under 5. so can i have 2 over 5 plus my daughter who counts as 5? in one day?

If you look at it this way you can care for up to 6 children (including your own), so take them out of the equation,
of these 4 only 3 can be under 5, so your 2 year old takes you to 2 under 5 which can be mindees,
as your DD is in the 5-8 bracket (as she is at school full time), you can care for 2 in the 5-8 age range.

Hope that helps

ss1983
14-01-2010, 02:10 PM
If you look at it this way you can care for up to 6 children (including your own), so take them out of the equation,
of these 4 only 3 can be under 5, so your 2 year old takes you to 2 under 5 which can be mindees,
as your DD is in the 5-8 bracket (as she is at school full time), you can care for 2 in the 5-8 age range.

Hope that helps

so with my two i can have 2 under 5 and 2 over 5 in one day?
as long as i dont go over that in one day

Carpet Monkeys
14-01-2010, 06:51 PM
Yep that's correct.