PDA

View Full Version : Termly report for rising 5?

singlewiththree
10-01-2010, 03:55 PM
I've just doing my newsletters and termly reports, I'm struggling to put one together for my rising 5. he is with me an hour in the morning and 2 hours in the evening. The majority of that is spent eating or walking to school with about an hour max play in the day. I still feel I am getting to know him and not sure what to put. Would you do a termly report for a rising 5 or just his younger sister?

moogster1a
10-01-2010, 04:05 PM
I wouldn't dream of doing a termly report for a 4 year old. Let alone his younger sister. I talk to the parents every evening which keeps them abreast of their lo's activities and progress. We're not secondary schools!

amanda1309
10-01-2010, 04:23 PM
personally i would not do one, but that might not be the right thing to do. lol

Adiamond
10-01-2010, 04:31 PM
I have a rising 5 and to be honest I wouldn't do one. He is here 2.5 hours 3x a week max and most of that time is spent eating/drinking or putting his shoes and coat on or off (he only has one speed) lol.... He doesn't have any interest in anything I plan to do he just wants to fight with his older brother :eek: :eek: !!!! As said before not sure if this is the right thing to do??? I am sure someone will be along to put us right soon lol x x x

helendee
10-01-2010, 05:04 PM
I didn't even realise that we are supposed to do termly reports!!!... HELP!!!:eek:

sarah707
10-01-2010, 06:12 PM
There are many different ways of sharing information and progression with parents.

One is to do a report... a gathering up of learning and development information which you give them and ask for their feedback.

Ofsted will ask how you share information with parents and this is great evidence.

We all have different ways of communicating with parents and this is one way.

For an after schooler, you are looking at a brief note for each area of L & D... positive comments to show you value the child's time with you :D

newandlearning
10-01-2010, 07:43 PM
hi.. I'm just in the process of doing one of these for my 3yo mindee who I get funding for.. In addition to this I did one last year on my 5yo mindee still under the EYFS.. I looked at the Early Learning Goals and used these as my guideline .. possibly if you use the goals too you will get some inspiration..:)

nannymcflea
10-01-2010, 08:08 PM
Does he talk to you on the way home? Can you find out any info on his likes as he chats? Do you share any books with him from school, does he do drawings at yours, does he play football or build towers. The thing is you don't have to put a lot, just bits to show you know him and are trying to provide him with activities for his enjoyment.:thumbsup:

Chimps Childminding
10-01-2010, 08:53 PM
I dont do reports. Their learning journal goes home on a regular basis and it also goes to nursery. When a child moves up to school I send their book home with them as the reception teacher does home visits during the first couple of weeks when the children only attend school in the mornings!