PDA

View Full Version : Pushchairs and Cats

patevans
10-01-2010, 01:04 PM
My pushchairs live outside my back door during the week as I have nowhere to put them, well the dirty disgusting stinking cats keep weeing on the wheels....:angry: is there anything I can do to stop the cats coming round them?

Carpet Monkeys
10-01-2010, 01:11 PM
Cats don't like the smell of Olbas Oil, get some dried out tea bags, put a few drops of Olbas Oil on them and leave them close to the wheels, that should keep them at bay!

Annie_T
10-01-2010, 01:15 PM
oh no

you can buy training spray and spray it on wheels etc should keep them away. They hate citrus smells.

Heaven Scent
10-01-2010, 01:45 PM
I'm sorry for your trouble with the cats - are they yours? one way or another if you see them coming by spray them with water - I have used the hose pipe on visiting cats before I had mine, when he was young and now he is old - on him I used a spray bottle and whenever he went anywhere I didn't want him to be e.g. on soft furnishings or worktops etc - I sprayed him gently and he soon learned - I was never so gentle with other peoples cats - didn't want their dirt in my garden nor did I want them fighting with my cat.

Now he is old and has diabetes I have a problem with him drinking loads and he often get caught sort and as begun peeing & pooing in the house I've asked the vet if there is anything I can put down to disuade him and he told me to put litter trays where he's gone and then move them slowly to where I want him to pee - I don't think so with 3 LO's here every day so thank you Annie & lkl_fawcett for the handy hints - I knew ther must be something - I do have a book on cats I just forgot about it till now - that is where I got the spraying with water hint.

jelly15
10-01-2010, 02:00 PM
I put bleach on my bin bags seems to work. Prehaps you could wipe the wheels with bleach.

youarewhatyoueat
11-01-2010, 11:46 AM
How about putting the buggies in one of those huge builders bags and tieing the handles together or a big garden chair bag over the top of them with orange peel left on the floor.

patevans
11-01-2010, 12:54 PM
How about putting the buggies in one of those huge builders bags and tieing the handles together or a big garden chair bag over the top of them with orange peel left on the floor.

I already cover them like this but will defo try the orange peel :thumbsup: have lots of lemon juice in the cupboard would that work :idea: