View Full Version : how long does a crb check last? & what courses can i do ?

09-03-2008, 05:07 PM
i had one when i started cleaning at my kids old primary school in my 07. I was told these last forever (long you dont chnage details etc or become to hold a police record) but told to update it every year or so.

what do you do?

i was gonna use my crb but i have since moved and my surname is due to change once my divorce comes through (unless i keep the surname - im not to sure yet)

where do i go to get another ? and cost?

im also looking for some courses i could do while i wait for workmen to come and go with doing house... any idea's (was going to do dhc1 but told i have to be reg'ed) whats this birth ro three - is there a course?

thank you everyoe xx

09-03-2008, 06:10 PM
You need to ring Ofsted and tell them you have changed your name - they will get you a new one and pay for it for you...

As far as courses go, you could do an NVQ or DHC... there are threads around with advice if you have a browse... depends on whether you want to carry on minding indefinitely or go into something else in the future... but yes, you need to be working with children to do them

Birth to 3 is a short course preparing minders for using a certain curriculum which is now being phased out... so I wouldn't worry about that just now. If you see any courses for EYFS then they are the ones to get on, but they are very different from NVQs etc which are year long courses with essays to write etc...

Good luck with deciding! :D

Heaven Scent
09-03-2008, 06:14 PM
CRB supposed to last 3 years but only for setting/job you applied for it for so if you move then yhou have to get a new one done CIS will pay for your first when you register but after that you have to pay. Your local CIS will give you details of locally run courses. Birth to three is being phased out to be replace by EYFS in Sept of this year.

Give your local CIS a call and speak to them regarding all of your queries.


09-03-2008, 06:14 PM
You could ring your local early years department who should have information on what courses are available as well as funding for them

Miffy xx

10-03-2008, 03:54 PM
well ive sorted my crb out as the school doing one as ive volenteered to help out for few weeks with classes which will help me i guess too - and they will write a referance for me too to put in portfolio

name not changed yet but it will do once divorce is sorted