PDA

View Full Version : extreme weather policy

mama2three
09-01-2010, 06:11 PM
in light of the recent weather and the problems some minders are having regarding fees , I have amended my policy.

Please let me know if its ok , or how i can improve it.

couldnt get it to attach so have copied and pasted.

thanks.
.................................................. .................................................
It is a requirement under EYFS , and good practice to provide outdoor experiences for children. In addition I take and collect children from other settings as required. Risk assessments are in place for each outing , however these may need adapting during periods of extreme weather.

In order to ensure the safety and well being of the children I request that parents supply me with clothing for their children that is suitable for the time of the year and the weather we may be experiencing.

In extreme weather conditions then I will risk assess the situation and discuss concerns with parents before taking children out. Sometimes it may be necessary, for example to collect other minded children from school. In extreme conditions I will assess the conditions / children minded and take expert advice regarding transport. There may be times when I am unable to take journeys in the car , and when walking conditions are unsafe. I will take every reasonable step to take and collect children from their settings wherever it is safe to do so.

Safety aside , we will continue to use our environment as a valuable learning resource. There are many learning opportunities from playing in the snow ,or rain , covering all areas of EYFS . The children will need to be correctly clothed for the weather, boots, coat, waterproofs , scarf, gloves etc. They will be closely supervised at all times and we will come back indoors if any of the children are unhappy or feeling cold.

Extreme heat or sun can be equally dangerous and I will wherever possible ensure children have adequate shade , access to drinks etc. Parents are asked to give permission for the administration of sun cream and to provide this.

If the setting is considered unsafe , and therefore closed due to adverse conditions then fees will be refunded. Full fees are payable whenever the setting remains open .

If you have any concerns regarding this policy then please do not hesitate to contact me.

sarah707
09-01-2010, 07:23 PM
That looks fine to me! :clapping:

There are some ideas on the parents page of my Knutsford Childminding website if you want to flesh it out a bit :D

mama2three
09-01-2010, 08:22 PM
thanks sarah , added quite a bit from there and from the HPA website about heatwave planning. Cant quite believe im doing this when its minus whatever out there , but makes sense to incorporate both kinds of extreme weather whilst Im in paperwork mode. doesnt happen often!!