PDA

View Full Version : my boiler frozen what do i do?

sandy64
09-01-2010, 12:20 PM
my boiler stopped working think it frozen on outside pipes got plumber to look at but as its still under warranty he cant do much so got to wait for them to come out first apointment tues :mad: it means no hot water or heating, ive a electric fire in lounge so i can mind elder 2 but little one needs a sleep so he sleeps in playroom/quiet room which will ave no heating should i tell mum i cant ave im? as i dont want im ill and he wouldnt be able to sleep in lounge to noisy? im freezing my 2 own 2 little ones will be 2nite at bed time.

georgie456
09-01-2010, 12:52 PM
I have a emergency closure of setting policy which states I may have to shut under certain circumstances - ones just like yours unfortuanately. However, mine says that I would possibly be able to work out of another childminder's home until the problem is fixed.
Is this an option for you? Is there anyone you work closely with who would be willing to share you for a couple of days?

Hope the problem gets sorted soon - terrible timing :(

sandy64
09-01-2010, 01:04 PM
I have a emergency closure of setting policy which states I may have to shut under certain circumstances - ones just like yours unfortuanately. However, mine says that I would possibly be able to work out of another childminder's home until the problem is fixed.
Is this an option for you? Is there anyone you work closely with who would be willing to share you for a couple of days?

Hope the problem gets sorted soon - terrible timing :(
hi thanks
i would of been able to but as i do a local nursery i need to be near mine to take the children there typical isnt it and its gunna be colder tomos :( at least i have good parents well most lol.

patevans
09-01-2010, 01:07 PM
Mine did this yesterday Morning, it took until dinner time to defrost :(

Landlord told me to leave heating etc switched on 24/7 and turned down to low during the night so I did last night and had about 2 hrs sleep because the boiler is old and very noisy...:angry:

haribo
09-01-2010, 01:21 PM
i thought would have this problem i put the heating on this am and -nothing :panic: the light had gone out and wouldnt go back on .hubby had a look and apparently it was low pressure he just had to let some water in ..i was panicking trying to think what would do next week but 2 of the families havent got c.h anyway :eek: i am going to buy some kind of heater for emergencies so at least one room can be warm if it does go again . my boiler too is getting very noisy as if its struggling to cope . ask parents to wrap the kids up warm and maybe go visiting some kind friends .. good luck hope its fixed very soon brrrrr x

jaja
09-01-2010, 02:36 PM
mine did this the other day and my hubby just poured hot water on the pipes outside and it defrosted, worth a try.... its soo cold, is there anywhere you could go?

sending hugs xxxxxxx

manjay
09-01-2010, 03:31 PM
I have had 4 days this week with no heating or hot water and took the decision to close my setting. I had 3 fan heaters dotted around the house but it was still way too cold.

Looking back I know I made the right decision for me but I really feel for you:(