PDA

View Full Version : Risk assessments and overnight care

madredann
09-01-2010, 11:22 AM
Am in the process of doing risk assessment for over night care and came across a good website to do with fire safety
http://www.staywise.co.uk/activities/ look under activities heading
has some good activities/downloads

onceinabluemoon
09-01-2010, 11:50 AM
Thank you for sharing :)

sarah707
09-01-2010, 07:29 PM
That's a useful site thank you! :D

Heaven Scent
09-01-2010, 07:37 PM
That is brilliant - Thank you.

TheBTeam
09-01-2010, 08:18 PM
Nice site, I have just played some of the games! :D

mama2three
09-01-2010, 08:30 PM
im reg for overnight care , havent done my ra yet as havent had any children. youve reminded me though , one more thing to do before ofsted arrive!
how are you doing with writing yours , not sure i know where on earth to start!!

madredann
09-01-2010, 09:15 PM
mainly talked about making room safe fire risks and prevention and bedding towels toiletries (health and hygiene) and baby monitors night light etc. security. not having anyone over 16 in house without a CRB check. concentrated on overnight specifically as general daily childminding risk assessments are already covered. I keep it oin a folder with overnight policy and questionnaire.

mama2three
09-01-2010, 09:27 PM
mainly talked about making room safe fire risks and prevention and bedding towels toiletries (health and hygiene) and baby monitors night light etc. security. not having anyone over 16 in house without a CRB check. concentrated on overnight specifically as general daily childminding risk assessments are already covered. I keep it oin a folder with overnight policy and questionnaire.

thanks xx havent got policy or questionnaire either yet!! So hope ofsted are delayed due to all the bad weather! should be due soonish!

homeeducator
03-09-2010, 03:41 PM
Hi
Could someone please give me some direction on what to include in a overnight risk assessment and policy :)
I am struggling to word it.

Thankyou :)

Anjie30
14-10-2010, 09:46 AM
Hi i am also registering for overnight care .
Does the child need a bedroom to themselves or can children share bedrooms ?
Thank you
Andrea

jumpinjen
14-10-2010, 06:15 PM
Well that depends on which ofsted inspector you get. I think that they like to see that the children staying overnight have a proper bed if not in a cot, rather than a mattress on the floor or ready bed blown up. I've just asked my DW (ex ofsted) to clarify on separate bedrooms for me, as I do have a separate one but the Lo I have would rather be in my girl's room with them!

jenni