PDA

View Full Version : placemats

madredann
09-01-2010, 08:54 AM
Has anybody got a link to pictures/placemats that can be printed and laminated to use at mealtimes. Trying to get kids involved with laying table etc and want to give them their own placemat. Any help appreciated
Thanks
Julie

Chell
09-01-2010, 08:59 AM
How about getting them to design their own and laminate those?

sarah707
09-01-2010, 09:07 AM
There are some good playdough mats on Sparklebox :D

amirose
09-01-2010, 09:13 AM
How about getting them to design their own and laminate those?

Thats what I did :thumbsup:
I cut the letters of thier names out on bright paper (each letter is different colour) then gave them a sheet of a4 paper to decorate however they wanted, then we stuck thier name over the top (older ones could have the name on first) then mounted it on coloured card and laminated it - they are FAB! The kids love them, gives them a sense of belonging because it has thier own name. They have been going strong for a year but I am thinking about getting them to redo them soon :)

madredann
09-01-2010, 09:13 AM
Have looked at them but not found ones that are relevant to children I suppose it is more along the line of favourite character peppa pig/in the night garden/fairies etc.
Thanks for your reply though. I love sparklebox!

madredann
09-01-2010, 09:15 AM
some good ideas thanks:thumbsup:

Chell
09-01-2010, 09:17 AM
Have looked at them but not found ones that are relevant to children I suppose it is more along the line of favourite character peppa pig/in the night garden/fairies etc.
Thanks for your reply though. I love sparklebox!

Could you print images to cut from the cBeebies site or buy one of their magazines to use?

miffy
09-01-2010, 09:38 AM
You might find something here

http://www.nickjr.com/printables/print-color-wubbzy-placemats.jhtml

Think Chell's idea is a good one!

Miffy xx

The Juggler
09-01-2010, 10:45 AM
I use a range of letter ones/number ones and the stuff the kids draw - my son draws pokemon ones and them DH laminates them at work!

Also have soem multiculural ones I made before, welsh, english, scottish, indian, flags, national flowers and helllo in different languages.

beccas
09-01-2010, 10:47 AM
i have one its really good you use handprints and then you can put 3 of there fav foods on and their name. ofsted was impressed. Will try to attach but not very good at it it if doesnt work pm me.

Monkey1
09-01-2010, 10:47 AM
I have photos of each child with things like '' i like pasta'' ''i don't like mushrooms'' etc...also any food allergies etc.........just as a reminder.

Twinkles
09-01-2010, 10:51 AM
I have photos of each child with things like '' i like pasta'' ''i don't like mushrooms'' etc...also any food allergies etc.........just as a reminder.

I like that Monkey :thumbsup: I'm going to do that ( when I get children back) , it will tie in nicely with my healthy eating plans.

samgeordie
09-01-2010, 10:53 AM
i give them an a4 piece of card and let them decorate it themselves, putting their name on, drawing and using stickers, then i laminate them

mushpea
09-01-2010, 11:50 AM
I let mine decorate their own using what ever theme we are doing then laminate them, then when we've finished the them they get to take them home, we are doing winter for the next 6 weeks so gonna make chalk pictures on black paper to represent the snow.

madredann
09-01-2010, 01:27 PM
So many great ideas they should see me through the year. Thanks beccas that worked a treat:thumbsup:

Heaven Scent
09-01-2010, 02:35 PM
I get the older Children to draw around a plate knife fork and spoon and then let them colour them in and for the younger ones I draw around a plate and a spoon and then put their hand print in the centre of the plate. I then laminate them and if they survive the children take them home with them when they leave. We do have to renew them after a while.

lindylou
09-01-2010, 03:03 PM
Them handprint placemats are brill
thanks linxx

Helen Dempster
09-01-2010, 06:42 PM
I created my own. I cut out circles to make up the body of a caterpillar, using as many circles as letters in the names of the kids, so for instance, if there were 4 letters, cut out 5 circles (one for each letter, plus an extra for the head). Then write each letter onto a circle, stick on coloured paper, stick googlie eyes on and a big smiley mouth and laminate. They look really effective, I was pleased with 'em :) And the kiddies can learn to recognise letters in their name too :clapping:

Lainey Lou
09-01-2010, 07:16 PM
You could also get them to design their own by sticking on pictures of their favourite fruit and veggies etc. :)

beerheaven
09-01-2010, 11:01 PM
Every season the children create their own placemat. Just done our winter ones!! :)

estrelas
11-01-2010, 11:51 AM
Brilliant ideas
Thank you x