PDA

View Full Version : mutli burners

Bevbeetle
08-01-2010, 06:43 PM
thinking of getting one the fire i have got now just isnt warm enough i do have fire guards just wondering oftsed view on these, i do have a coal fire in my other room they never said nothing bout that its got guard around it

jumpinjen
08-01-2010, 07:06 PM
I have a wood burner that is used as the main soruce of heat in my living room all winter, with a fire guard round attached to the wall, oftsed aware that it is constantly in use, absolutely no problem with it! I added where matches were stored in my health and safety policy just to make sure!

jen x

Bevbeetle
08-01-2010, 07:09 PM
thankyou im off to buy one tomorrow it just too cold :clapping:

jumpinjen
08-01-2010, 07:55 PM
I hope you have some strong arms for all the log chopping!!! Have you got a registered fitter to install yours?? There is an approval system like corgi for wood burner fitters, they are the best to use as they can advise on whether you need a flue liner.... we had one as the age of our house meant that thre might be gaps in the chimney mortar and we would smoke our neighbours out if that happened, and it ahs turned out to be great as although very expensive, it only needs sweeping every two years and even then there is hardly any soot, whereas brikc chimneys can need sweeping every three months to prevent chimney fire risk. Ours with the fitting was pricey but it is so cozy and lovely ona winter's day/night!! and the fuel is free if you collect wood to chop, and enironmentally good too!!

jen x

Ripeberry
08-01-2010, 08:31 PM
We have a multi fuel burner. We mainly use salvaged wood out of skips! :D Or friends let us have old bits of wood (one relative is a carpenter :thumbsup: ) so we get it all for free.
We do treat ourselves to a bag or two of coal in the winter.

Winnie
08-01-2010, 08:34 PM
We have a woodburner, it heats our rads. Burning wood is carbon neutral- apparently. But I wish we could find free wood, we’ve just ordered our third load of wood this winter at £110 a go. Lovely though.