PDA

View Full Version : Can you help me?

jumpinjen
08-01-2010, 04:50 PM
Hi,

I once saw some lovely panels that had a door or a window in and could be used to enclose an area to make a play house or shop, they were wooden and free standing, but you could clip them together..... does anyone know where I can find them please??

And also, I saw some outdoor equipment that was towers that the children could slot pieces of plastic guttering into and make slopes for balls or water etc.... anyone know where they are sold either??

Thanks, Jenni:)

miffy
08-01-2010, 04:55 PM
Do you mean like these?

http://www.costcuttersuk.com/pretend_play/role_play_panels/10754_0c.html

Miffy xx

jumpinjen
08-01-2010, 04:57 PM
Thanks Miffy, they are close, but the ones I saw were plain wood and based on a house rather than shop/cafe, I couldd try another google search with 'play panel' though, haven't tried that yet!

jenni:)

miffy
08-01-2010, 04:58 PM
Not sure if this is what you mean for the water play?

http://www.tts-group.co.uk/Product.aspx?cref=TTSPR834692

Miffy xx

miffy
08-01-2010, 05:00 PM
These are very nice

http://www.profile-direct.co.uk/pdfdownload/role-play-E-DIRECT-Cat09-Visuals.pdf

Bit pricey though!

Miffy xx

madredann
08-01-2010, 05:06 PM
They are really expensive aren't they. Couldnt you get a big cardboard box open it out and make your own the kids I look after love helping me do mine and you can change it into different things e.g I made a cave a bus and a boat out of one box, just an idea
Julie

jumpinjen
08-01-2010, 05:06 PM
Not sure if this is what you mean for the water play?

http://www.tts-group.co.uk/Product.aspx?cref=TTSPR834692

Miffy xx

That is the one.... didn't realise it was £200 though!!!! I've got the opportunity to apply for some of the capital grant money that the LEA needs to allocate before March and I wanted some really open ended outdoor equipment, but as I didn't know this was going to be offered, and only found out about it this afternoon, and the proposal has to be in by next thursday, I'm scrabbling round now to find all the lovely things that i've thought would be so great for the children!!

You are a start to be so helpful!

Thanks, Jenni

jumpinjen
08-01-2010, 05:08 PM
They are really expensive aren't they. Couldnt you get a big cardboard box open it out and make your own the kids I look after love helping me do mine and you can change it into different things e.g I made a cave a bus and a boat out of one box, just an idea
Julie

Oh I love big boxes, and yes we often make them into exciting new creations, but they only seem to last a day and I wanted something flexible but a bit more permanent!!

jen

miffy
08-01-2010, 05:13 PM
That is the one.... didn't realise it was £200 though!!!! I've got the opportunity to apply for some of the capital grant money that the LEA needs to allocate before March and I wanted some really open ended outdoor equipment, but as I didn't know this was going to be offered, and only found out about it this afternoon, and the proposal has to be in by next thursday, I'm scrabbling round now to find all the lovely things that i've thought would be so great for the children!!

You are a start to be so helpful!

Thanks, Jenni

You're welcome :)

Have a good look at the tts website - they have some lovely things - can be pricey but if you're not paying................. :D

Miffy xx

margaret
08-01-2010, 05:15 PM
i got capital grant last year for oudoor play equipment,storage and ict,i put down for 2 story playhouse at 1000.00 ,mini patio around house,outdoor toys from tts catalogue was then allowed to buy some of the items cheaper else where but identical,kids garden equipment .Went just over 5000.00 and they gave me 2 pounds under i had a great time spending someone elses money.

jumpinjen
08-01-2010, 05:50 PM
i got capital grant last year for oudoor play equipment,storage and ict,i put down for 2 story playhouse at 1000.00 ,mini patio around house,outdoor toys from tts catalogue was then allowed to buy some of the items cheaper else where but identical,kids garden equipment .Went just over 5000.00 and they gave me 2 pounds under i had a great time spending someone elses money.

Gosh, well perhaps the guttering doesn't seem so expensive to you then!! They haven't specified what kind of equipment wee can apply for, but it musn't be anything that would enhance the vaue of our home, like patio, structures etc. I really want to make it mean something as it is a special and rare opportunity round my part of the world to get a nibble of the funding!

I don't want to go in too high and get nothing, but there are some things that i would really like to have, that i think would enhance the children's experiences here..... a lightbox and beebot are also on the list, as are all-in-one outdoor suits and a metal trike with room for a passenger on the back, as well as some some things for the toddlers like small tables and chairs and some other toys for them that I couldn't afford on my own!

Jenni

sandy64
08-01-2010, 06:23 PM
hi they do these in the galt catologue think website is www.galt .co.uk