PDA

View Full Version : cooking food with a 6 (nearly 7) year old

Blackhorse
08-01-2010, 03:48 PM
my mindee wants to help me make dinner next week on day
I am not sure what to make...I want it to be something where he can actually do a lot of the stuff himself..

any ideas?
what has worked well with your mindees?

We have made pizza before so something else pls.:D

mama2three
08-01-2010, 03:50 PM
what about a quiche? you could blind bake the pastry first , then he has to do the eggs , milk , cheese and whatever else he wants to put in.

beccas
08-01-2010, 03:51 PM
sandwiches, are always good. salard,

LOOPYLISA
08-01-2010, 03:53 PM
How about cakes first??, my dd is making them as we speak, its so nice only having to do the cooker bit and she does the rest :thumbsup:

sarah707
08-01-2010, 04:15 PM
My lot make the mince for spaghetti bolognese... which can become mince & mash or lasagne.

They also enjoy making chicken with veg / chicken stir fry etc.

:D

PixiePetal
08-01-2010, 05:07 PM
Veg soup and homemade bread rolls?

Blackhorse
08-01-2010, 05:09 PM
we made lots of cakes and cookies before so I thought we better cook some ''real food''....

they dont eat sandwiches for their dinner....but maybe that is an idea for a packed lunch once if they are here all day and we go on outings.

I like the idea of mince for spag bol!! YUMMY
Or chicken and veg.....

thanks!!

if you have any more ideas you are more than welcome to share them as they probably will want to do itmore than once.

LOOPYLISA
08-01-2010, 05:14 PM
we made lots of cakes and cookies before so I thought we better cook some ''real food''....

they dont eat sandwiches for their dinner....but maybe that is an idea for a packed lunch once if they are here all day and we go on outings.

I like the idea of mince for spag bol!! YUMMY
Or chicken and veg.....

thanks!!

if you have any more ideas you are more than welcome to share them as they probably will want to do itmore than once.

Dd is making spag bol for dinner tonight, she was supposed to have cooking at school today but it was closed :thumbsup:

Poor thing has been cooking all day bad parents we are lol, she loves it, even got her own pinny :D