PDA

View Full Version : variation

Annie_T
08-01-2010, 03:43 PM
hi everyone

i had an enquiry this morning for a 91/2 month boy on an very occasional care contract (when he cant go nursery etc).
i will need a variation as i mind a 8 month girl (full time) & 2year old twice week.

ive had the form all emailed over and i in middle of reading and filling it out but im bit lost to what i put in the description of change - i just cant word it lol

it also asks for plan of the day - i dont really have one as most time its just me and 8month old and she not in a routine tho im trying to sort this but her mum dont listen.

any help would be grateful (sorry)

sandy64
08-01-2010, 04:50 PM
hi your plan would be how you transport all safely from a to b. how you cater for them and a plan what youl do when you have all children ie painting mon am story time pm etc it only has to be basic so ofsted no that youve thought about how you can care for extra child. they normaly only give variation for sibblings or continuity of care so good luck let us no how you get on.

madredann
08-01-2010, 04:56 PM
Ofsted are really strict on this now like sandy64 said will only do it for continuation of care or siblings. It is difficult for you as you don't know when you are going to have him. Sooo do you already care for the child on a day when you have space?

Annie_T
08-01-2010, 05:10 PM
ok think ive managed to fill it out

thankyou

not cared for him no its on a emergency care need only -im nearest cm to her

miffy
08-01-2010, 05:20 PM
not cared for him no its on a emergency care need only -im nearest cm to her

If it's not for continuity of care then you need to put your case strongly to be in with a chance so stress the above and anything else that might help you - like mum couldn't find any other local childminders with vacancies or whatever.

Good luck

Miffy xx

Annie_T
08-01-2010, 05:32 PM
all sent in now .. i have mentioned im closest cm to mother and it easier for her.

i didnt mention shool run - i was more on the 2 under 1's adn other toddler tho did mention double buggy for walks etc (oh well first one cant be expected do it right/perfect) lol x

Annie_T
18-01-2010, 11:39 PM
ofsted called me today

I have a lady out friday to chat to me about safety of the 2 children under 1, how will i help them learn etc etc

Annie_T
23-01-2010, 04:55 PM
variation denied due to my lack of planning! been adviced to seek a planning course. which ive already done but it just wont sink in properly

oh well not end world as was very rare i would mindee the boy anyhow

Chatterbox Childcare
23-01-2010, 06:00 PM
Annie are you asking for a variation or to have 2 under 1's as these are totally different issues

2 under 1's you will be granted but that are not allowing new ones. Why not sign up the new one based on the odd days that the 2 year old isn't coming and then go for continuity of care then.

Annie_T
23-01-2010, 07:19 PM
Annie are you asking for a variation or to have 2 under 1's as these are totally different issues

2 under 1's you will be granted but that are not allowing new ones. Why not sign up the new one based on the odd days that the 2 year old isn't coming and then go for continuity of care then.

it was denied i cant have 2 under 1 year old due to my lack of planning. (activity planning).

its ok as does not bother me as the care would of only been if snow closed nursery and similar issues.