View Full Version : theres a man on the web site

09-03-2008, 10:37 AM
hi there all just like to say great web site. Im a husband of a childminder so please be gentle with me.
when claiming back for utilitys and council tax etc my wife does 40 hours a week most of the time.during a few weeks of the school hols she does only 20 hours do i have to drop the % i can claim back for those weeks.

will the tax man send me a letter telling me to submit accounts


09-03-2008, 10:43 AM

Welcome to the forum.

We do have several men who are members so you are not alone in that:D

Please don't forget to go to the 'Say Hello' section and formerly introduce yourself :)

Yes you do have to reduce the % when the weekly hours worked drops. If you look through this section of the forum there are loads of good threads about tax and what you can and can't claim for.

Once your wife has registered with the tax office they will send her through the tax return that she has to complete.

Good luck with everything.

09-03-2008, 12:26 PM
will the tax man send me a letter telling me to submit accounts


You have to tell the tax office you are self-employed within 3 months of starting to earn money. They will automatically send you a tax return in April...

Hello and welcome! :D

12-03-2008, 10:55 PM
Hello and welcome

Angel xx

12-03-2008, 10:59 PM
Hello and welcome

Is your wife a member too?

Miffy xx

12-03-2008, 11:19 PM
hello man on the web site and welcome:clapping: :clapping:

Splish Splosh
13-03-2008, 09:32 AM
hello and welcome.

13-03-2008, 11:02 AM
Hello and welcome.

Avril x:)

13-03-2008, 11:55 AM
Hello and welcome

25-03-2008, 02:03 PM
Hi have you managed to work out your tax now?

25-03-2008, 11:10 PM
I dont think he came back

Angel xx

26-03-2008, 06:39 AM
One visit was enough???????????

What did we say?

Miffy xx

26-03-2008, 07:25 AM
Don't worry you are not alone, my hubby is here too and Tasha's :)

26-03-2008, 08:08 AM
And don't forget Man in a White Coat - Iain