PDA

View Full Version : never been so upset and embassared....

jaja
08-01-2010, 02:19 PM
with my dd..... I had a parent over today new baby needs someone july onwards, term time only, three full days a week, fantastic suits me as means it would fill me up full and i wouldnt want anyone else...

WELL...my dd has possibly put a stop to that one, she jumped on sofa, jumped around, ran around the room, screamed, really really showing off and then dad said i bet she isnt like this when noone is around is she? i said she is showing off cause people are here and said sorry, i spoke to dd several times asking her to settle down SHES 4SO KNOWS BETTER... well 30 mins later the parents leave with there 7 week old baby and i problably want hear anything from them, they are seeing a nursery next week (the woman i fell out with runs it) so they will probably go there at least i know that they will get a more quite, proffessional appraoch, where mine was crazy daft child going mad, another 1 year old sat on my knee and onther mindee sat on the other knee and didnt want to let go.....argggggggggggggg

I am now sat here just wanting to go to sleep, in tears after been showed up, i told her before she came to behave, got toys out and made a big deal aover them, i only wanted 30 mins of godd beahviour, is that too much to ask for?

ARGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

Not a happy bunny

if you have read this far , what would you have done? anything different?

x

sue m
08-01-2010, 02:23 PM
Oh dear. Don't beat yourself up, they probably understand how children behave when someone is there to show off to. I hope you hear from them again. I wouldn't have done any different to what you did, what else could you do? Don't feel upset, it happens to us all and we still get mindees. :thumbsup:

nannymcflea
08-01-2010, 02:33 PM
It is hard to think on your feet in these situations, you did well to remain calm.:)

I think I would have said Excuse me but I need a few mins to deal with my daughter, taken her out of the room and had a little chat. Perhaps then got some different toys out for her and bribed her with a sticker if she behaved.(you may have done this already)

But then I am sitting on my sofa thinking this and didn't have parents there, which as we all know makes our brains go fuzzy.

I shouldn't worry too much, if parents are not prepared to put their child in a happy family enviroment and choose a nursery for such a little one then perhaps they are not the right ones for you.

They may have been pleased with the way you dealt with with your daughter and how the other lo's were.:thumbsup:

chin up, sending you a hug. X

jaja
08-01-2010, 02:40 PM
I think at the end of the week, we all are tired and slighlty bored with the boring snow that we are going alittle crazy and having calmed down slightly, i am still mad but they have seen the full crazy time in my house, i was going to email and say sorry again but after a think i am not, if its ment to be it will be, i am just hoping that maybe she wasnt as put off ....

Need wine, chocolates (but on a diet) and a nice hot bubble bath followed by an ealry night....... except sister in law coming later for a drink or two.....

xx

Alibali
08-01-2010, 02:42 PM
They may have loved the homeliness of it all, kids are kids! Hope they call back.

loocyloo
08-01-2010, 02:42 PM
i had a mum come for a visit, she still hadn't had her babe ...

the children (some minded, 1 my own) chose to throw food around, scream, shout, jump all over the furniture and each other, tip all the toys out etc ...

and i told them off in front of mum, and they carried on ...

i was so surprised when she rang asking me to take on her new babe when she had it! she said she liked the fact it was a 'normal' ( ???! ) family house, and that i had stayed so calm !!!!

good luck!

TheBTeam
08-01-2010, 03:18 PM
As others have said, sometimes it can work in your favour that you stayed calm didnt sway etc, i posted on a similar thing about my dd and the mum leaving and saying she would come back another day, I thought to give me some parenting advice, but no she returned had i had the child for nearly 4 years.

My dd did this to me again the other day she chose to pick her nose and then get some chocolate buttons when i had told her no, proceed to open them and have them burst out all over the floor!

Some mums have a more realistic view of children than others, lets hope she was one of them!

mabel
08-01-2010, 03:47 PM
me too, I agree, I think often it depends on how people take to you.

but your story did remind me of when a childminder friend in a similar situation
had someone new round, her son then 9 said his mum just shut him in the
cupboard when he was naughty (only joking....she was a fab mum and he is now 23 and part of our armed forces in Afganistan)

ps she too got the job of looking after the new child

so don't worry too much and good luck

miffy
08-01-2010, 03:53 PM
I hope they come back to you - it probably didn't come across as badly as you think it did, they obviously realised your dd was showing off.

Give yourself a break and enjoy your wine and choccies (diet again another day) tonight :)

Miffy xx

Polly2
08-01-2010, 04:14 PM
Oh please don't be so hard on yourself.

I had new parents come in my living room only to find my 12yr old son swinging a mindee round by his hands :eek:

I nearly died - both were laughing their heads off!!

Chimps Childminding
08-01-2010, 04:26 PM
I wouldn't worry about it too much, nearly all children show off when there is someone new around. I have 4 boys and when a new parent was coming I bribed, threatened anything I thought would work to get themn to be have - did they????????????????????????????????? :angry: NO!!!!!!!!!!!!:angry: they usually ended up having some big row over something stupid and I just wanted to curl up and die. But to be honest I think most parents realise that's what kids do - and if they don't already they propably soon will!!!!! :D

Hope its good news!:thumbsup:

jumpinjen
08-01-2010, 05:45 PM
My four year old daughter played up when ofsted were there, feeding off my stress I think, I did take her out and had a firm word then she calmed down, but later patted the ofsted lady's tummy and asked her why it was so big. I nearly died, but the lady just laughed and said cos she ate too much!

Kids are kids, have a cuddle with her and read some stories, i think children find it stressful too, the thought of having a new child to get used too.... it is her home and her mum after all!!

Well done for keeping calm!

jen x

flora
08-01-2010, 05:50 PM
I would have tied her to a chair Jen :D :D :D

On more serious note, I would have asked the parents to excuse me and taken madam A out and had stern words with her.

Failing that I would have tried to get her helping with the baby and paperwork etc etc so that her energy was diverted elsewhere :thumbsup:

What will be will be. Just see if they phone, I am sure demon A was not as bad as you think anyway. :D

jaja
08-01-2010, 06:09 PM
I would have tied her to a chair Jen :D :D :D

On more serious note, I would have asked the parents to excuse me and taken madam A out and had stern words with her.

Failing that I would have tried to get her helping with the baby and paperwork etc etc so that her energy was diverted elsewhere :thumbsup:

What will be will be. Just see if they phone, I am sure demon A was not as bad as you think anyway. :D

I was thinking about it, lol, and i am sure that parents hopefully understand the dad made light of it but the mum really wanted to ask some questions and i did through all the crazy 30 mins but felt like 5 hours!!

well i will see if they come back, they did say they would let me know either way , will keep you posted....

thanks for everyones replies, i had a bath and feel slightly more human now.....

xx

madredann
08-01-2010, 06:16 PM
Let us know how it goes and good luck:thumbsup:

CAZMCA
09-01-2010, 08:14 AM
my 4 year old dd has been 'acting up' the past few days also...... i put it down to cabin fever!

hopefully they will realise that in your house there is only 1 child occasionally acting this way...... in a nursery there will be a lot more!

hope you get the call back huni, i'm sure you'll do great

caz :)

Zoomie
09-01-2010, 09:15 AM
I had a mum, dad and 10y autistic boy come.

My DS, 8 is a very 'hyper' child and I told parent this before they came. Well I did nothing to retain the madness in my home whilst they were there. It was so loud and noisy mum and I had trouble hearing ourselves. No one misbehaved but it wasn't a calm environment, which child needed.

They still sent him to me :D

Sometimes you never know :thumbsup:

sdean
09-01-2010, 11:12 AM
I had this when some parents visited all the children were giddy and noisy and enjoying themselves the house was absolute chaos. However they rang back the next day and booked their child in because they said they liked the fact that all the children were like a big family and how homely it was. Sometimes parents like the "natural" environment that they would have at home.

Good luck with it hope they ring you x