PDA

View Full Version : A positive from a negative

Chatterbox Childcare
08-01-2010, 12:18 PM
I was supposed to go to Swansea this morning and couldn't be late or my son would not get back for very important date and so all night was clock watching and eventually I gave up at 7.30am and got dressed and ready to go so that I am back in time for the school pick up (I had rearranged parents to drop off). I am now tired

I am just about to walk out the door and he phones to say that his race is from 4pm this afternoon and could I get him then (I now have to rearrange care for 3 children for after school as I won't get back for 1pm). I am now tired and frustrated.

So I left the house (what a mess) and did my accounts with April to August all duly finished, along with mileage records. I am now tired but slightly exhilerated.

After my long distance endurance with matchsticks ready for the eyelids I am coming back to finish the rest of the year and take me up to date. When completed I will be not tired but exhausted but relieved that the mammouth job is done.

Now have I inspired you to do yours? Go on get it done - there is only 87 days left of this year and then you can lodge it.

nannymcflea
08-01-2010, 12:35 PM
I was supposed to go to Swansea this morning and couldn't be late or my son would not get back for very important date and so all night was clock watching and eventually I gave up at 7.30am and got dressed and ready to go so that I am back in time for the school pick up (I had rearranged parents to drop off). I am now tired

I am just about to walk out the door and he phones to say that his race is from 4pm this afternoon and could I get him then (I now have to rearrange care for 3 children for after school as I won't get back for 1pm). I am now tired and frustrated.

So I left the house (what a mess) and did my accounts with April to August all duly finished, along with mileage records. I am now tired but slightly exhilerated.

After my long distance endurance with matchsticks ready for the eyelids I am coming back to finish the rest of the year and take me up to date. When completed I will be not tired but exhausted but relieved that the mammouth job is done.

Now have I inspired you to do yours? Go on get it done - there is only 87 days left of this year and then you can lodge it.

Erm.....have only just finished last years, got it in by end of Oct to get a letter saying I have done it wrong, they have re-done it for me and now I owe them!:eek: Well i know I flipping well don't so am trying to sort it with them.:angry:

well done for getting sorted so soon.:clapping:

RachelE
08-01-2010, 01:14 PM
I'll concentrate onlast years first! :blush:

Well done you though - you have inspired me to do last years! :D

Rachel x

Bananabrain
08-01-2010, 01:25 PM
Me too, only finished 2008/9 on New Years Eve!

Zoomie
08-01-2010, 01:31 PM
Well done you.

You've inspired me. Want some friendly competition for the rest of the tax year ?

I did last years accounts last year :jump for joy: :jump for joy: . I even got a £0 bill :D

I am up to date with this years accounts, except for my mileage, food (I am still punching in data into my fancy spreadsheets) and electricity / gas charges :D .

I am rather pleased with my efforts cos previous years I only did them at the end of Sept (and it was only a tiny bit of work cos I was mystery shopping(and holding down a FT job) :)

TheBTeam
08-01-2010, 03:48 PM
Oh, what a day, very lucky you have parents that accept rearranging, my one and only time i had to because of dd needing hosp and ds throwing up, i got a right earful!

As for accounts mine are never more than a week or two not done, and i file them as soon as 6/4 arrives, or they re advise me of the log on when i lose it!!! I also try to pay straight away cos so far haven't had to pay any on account so it helps keep my head around what is due/when etc, that is likely to change this year as our income has gone up and unless we have a whole host of expenses by then!

Chatterbox Childcare
08-01-2010, 08:15 PM
I'll concentrate onlast years first! :blush:

Well done you though - you have inspired me to do last years! :D

Rachel x

You could get fined £100 if you don't lodge by 31st Jan, even if the total is £0

Trouble
08-01-2010, 08:22 PM
im up to date on this year 2010:D

i bet your asleep now:laughing: :laughing:

Chatterbox Childcare
08-01-2010, 08:40 PM
im up to date on this year 2010:D

i bet your asleep now:laughing: :laughing:

No September 2009 onwards...

Twinkle
08-01-2010, 09:26 PM
:D I filed mine on 7th April last year and am up to date with this years.

Learning journals on the other hand, I'm way way way behind and still haven't a clue what I'm doing :(