PDA

View Full Version : child's permission to take photos

singlewiththree
08-01-2010, 12:16 PM
Hello I was just wondering if you ask the child if its ok to take photos. I always ask the 4yr old I have who is at school is it ok to take a photo, most times he says no so I don't. Its making his scrapbook very slim. The parents have signed the slip to say yes but I feel that if he says no I should respect it, what would you do.

Chatterbox Childcare
08-01-2010, 12:19 PM
If the parents give permission I do it - most of the time when the mindees are not looking so I get great expressions of concentration on their face.

AliceK
08-01-2010, 12:23 PM
If the parents give permission I do it - most of the time when the mindees are not looking so I get great expressions of concentration on their face.

I agree if the parents have agreed then I'll snap away. Usually I don't tell the mindees I just snap and if they happen to be looking great otherwise I just get them doing whatever it is they're doing :)

xxxxx

Nat78
08-01-2010, 12:36 PM
If parents have given permission I take photo's, usually they are unaware as they are busy. But I also get children involved when printing/using pictures and ask all children (who are capable of answering) if its ok that I use their picture. I have had children that say no to picture being taken so ended up with no pics of them for evidence/parents/etc so I changed tactics to this and since then no-one has said no. They love it and enjoy looking at pics of everyone.

greanan
08-01-2010, 01:07 PM
most of the photos i take are off the children doing activities so i just take the photos without having to ask to ask them to look round and smile etc. Its nice for the parents to see that the children do lots of activities, i prefere these to posed photos as you get to see different expressions on their face xx

The Juggler
08-01-2010, 01:49 PM
I mostly do as Debbie said and try to be invisible but most kids run up and smile, but if a child shied away or said 'no' I wouldn't take that particular one or if a child was upset one day about having any taken, I would refrain for that day. They have a right to say no and we should respect their decision.

amanda1309
08-01-2010, 01:54 PM
If I have parental permission I snap away. I try and do it without them knowing as as soon as some of them see the camera they stop what they are doing and pose, and it makes my photos look staged.