PDA

View Full Version : help and advice

littlestars26
08-01-2010, 10:56 AM
hi i am just abit confused really planning do you hav to hav long short and medium and if so how did you do it wen you first started up. i have individual planning sheets for children and daily planning sheet. also the daily routine do you do this before you get children? also if you dont go play groups everydayhow you work this in your rountine. any other halp and advice would be great i just trying to get my head round everything

Mollymop
08-01-2010, 11:03 AM
You would be best to start planning when you have the children then you know what your routine will be. The smae with individual palnning, you can't really plan anything yet until you know the children and what their planning requires.
I do monthly planning and individual planning.
I used to do daily planning but I don't anymore as I found I never stuck to my daily plans and it was a waste of my time almost.
You could do themes and plan around those at the moment - such as Chinese new year, valentines day, Easter, etc. Once you have planned them out you can keep them to use year after year.

sarah707
08-01-2010, 11:06 AM
yes you can do a daily routine before you get a child - it's good to give parents as part of your welcome pack.

You should slot in outings and the normal things you intend to do with the children during the day.

your planning will depend on the ages and stages of the children you are working with that you can start to build up a stock of medium-term planning ideas taken from magazines, books, things on the Internet etc.

Then when you've got the child, find out what he likes to do and work to his individual interests.

once he has settled in you can start to introduce your own ideas.

Hth :D

littlestars26
08-01-2010, 11:13 AM
thank you all i gonna start planning when i get some children i do have some planning with sample activites on which i ndo show to parents and explain i will pLAN AROUNT THE INDIVIDUAL CHILD AND WHAT THERE LIKE TO DO THANK YOU FOR NALL YOUR HELP