PDA

View Full Version : Acting up at home time

louloudi
08-01-2010, 09:53 AM
Any hints and tips please??

I've two siblings 3 and 6 years that come 3 days a week after school. They haven't been to mine since August.

Basically either one or the other has played up when mum has picked them up. Crocodile tears, no wanting to go etc... I've talked to them about home time and that poor mum doesn't want to see them upset and messy about when shes been at work all day etc.. I've told them that I don't want this behaviour next week.

Any strategies that have been tried and tested? I would be grateful for some advice please :-)

beccas
08-01-2010, 09:54 AM
I have mine ready and waiting with coats on etc so when i see or hear parents at the door i am already to send them out so no time to mess about, as 2 of mine always do.

mumx3
08-01-2010, 01:31 PM
I had this with a reception age child...it was a nightmare....it took up to half an hour to get the child out of the door every night and always ended in tears. I took advice from on here.

Now I have her ready 10 mins before mum arrives, shoes on, bags by the door then I just help her put her coat on when the bell goes and away she goes...I just have to encourage the mum to stop talking now!

Nip it in the bud!

louloudi
10-01-2010, 11:59 AM
when I think back I did do the 'coats on and ready' thing and it worked. Mum somwtimes comes up to 15 mins early so i think I'll have them ready then and read a book or stick the telly on maybe,

Thanks for relpying

mushpea
10-01-2010, 02:31 PM
I have this with some of my mindees, every night the little one crys as soon as parent arrives and middle one strops and demands that parents put her coat and shoes on so from monday it will be coats and shoes on 15mins before parents due (incase their early) and then read a story in the kitchen, I have laminate flooring in my kitchen so dont mind shoes being on in there. Havent discussed with parents just going to do it and see what happens