PDA

View Full Version : Would you say its safe??

lissy
07-01-2010, 06:34 PM
to walk 45mins or more to school with 5 kids in the snow?? Trying to deciede whether to cancel my school runs tomorrow due to health and safety? ages 9mths to 7 so would have a pushchair too

Blackhorse
07-01-2010, 06:37 PM
It depends how you feel about it.
I grew up with tons of snow and it was not unusal for us in the winter to walk to school for weeks in about 1 meter of snow...which took at least an hour
but if you feel it is too much for the children or yourself then dont do it!

Chatterbox Childcare
07-01-2010, 06:38 PM
I think only you can answer this and have your done a RA?

Do the children behave normally when you are walking or do your have them on reins?

I take 8 children to school, including 1 x 1 year old and 2 x 2 year olds and I can do this confidently and although it takes me 20 mins they walk together and listen to me.

I am not saying that anyone else's don't but if you are asking on this thread I ask "why" and maybe you have answered your own question.

patevans
07-01-2010, 06:39 PM
I only walked for what shud have been 10/15 mins today with a double buggy and toddler and it took me nearly 45 mins, the pushchair kept skidding off the pavements and the little one kept slipping over although he thought that was hilarious :laughing:

Rubybubbles
07-01-2010, 06:43 PM
agree do a RA on it (great time to fill in loads of RA at the moment lol)

It is taking me around 50 mins to get to school with pushchair which is tough work through the snow but we get there lol!! The kids are loving it:D

lissy
07-01-2010, 06:49 PM
Im thinking more along health and safety really, i know we could get there (even if it took a very long time!) but its really slippy and im thinking if one of us fell it could potentially be a nightmare! Also pushing pushchair means i cant hold little ones hands. If i only had a couple i would do it but with 5 its more worrying. Schools on a hill to so at some point we are gonna have to go uphill.

My biggest problem is that i mind the deputy heads children (9mth and 4) who should both be dropped off at 8am. so if i close for the school run what do i do about the baby??

Chatterbox Childcare
07-01-2010, 06:51 PM
What about explaining to the mum and say that you will collect them from school OR ask her to take the school aged ones with her to school?

helendee
07-01-2010, 08:47 PM
I know that we have to do it to cover our own backsides these days but good grief,how did we all cope before we had to do RAs on everything? It can only be a matter of time before we have to do one before leaving the house each day.... Oh I forgot, we already do !!!!!:censored: