PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else doing a foundation degree in childcare and education?

Julia
08-03-2008, 09:03 PM
Hi

is anyone else mad enough to take on a foundation degree in childcare and education??

I must be off my trolley, Ive got more childminded children now than I ever have before, I work 55 hours a week, my weekends are full and I still have to find time to study, I must be smoking somthing because I cant see how Im going to do it all.

Anyone else out there?:panic:

sarah707
08-03-2008, 09:15 PM
I'm doing e123 and e124 with the Open University and yes, I'm finding it hard to fit it all in as well.

I try and set aside my Sunday morning for studying as it gives me a set time to focus on the stuff, but I'm finding e124 much harder than e123 and I really need to work harder on it, which I think is difficult when I am soooo tired!

All good fun though! :D

Niecynoo
08-03-2008, 10:21 PM
Hi Julia I'm doind E123 & 4 together we must be CRAAAZY lol Have done tma 1&2 on E123 and Tma 1 on E124 had an extension on tma 2 so working on that now. where are you up to on yours xxx

lindylou
08-03-2008, 11:50 PM
Hi julia i am the same as denise it is a struggle but am managing to just about do it are you doing it through the ou
Linxx

Julia
09-03-2008, 11:02 AM
Hi Julia I'm doind E123 & 4 together we must be CRAAAZY lol Have done tma 1&2 on E123 and Tma 1 on E124 had an extension on tma 2 so working on that now. where are you up to on yours xxx

We are on the second semester of the foundation degree, Im doing it through Newport University so Im 1/4 of the way through and in May I will have completed 1/2 of the course after the second year we can all then choose to go onto do a full degree as the foundation degree is only classed as a diploma.

Supposed to be working on it right now, but I had my new tumble dryer and washing machine delivered yesterday so I have to go to the dump to take all the packaging away, pick up my daughter from my sisters because she had a sleep over last night, cook dinner, do the ironing and washing of the uniforms and work clothes for next week, help my son with his homework, hoover the floor and wash it and then after all that I then have to do 4 activity reflective pieces and write up an observation.

Not alot then !!!!:panic:

sarah707
09-03-2008, 12:23 PM
You sound as busy as me! :laughing:

Tatia
10-03-2008, 08:04 AM
Yes I'm doing E123 and 124, as well but my long-term plan is to work towards a BA (Hons) in Youth and Childhood Studies (or whatever the degree is called). In the meantime, I'll just be pleasedand excited to finish these 2 courses and get the Level 4 certificate!

I study in the mornings, when my daughter is at nursery and my 2 mindees are napping. I can also squeeze in some study time in the evenings and week ends. My husband is very supportive and I am am loving the coursework so much that i pick it up all day long, when I have a free minute.

I have to admit that my study time declined drastically right after I first discovered this forum, though! :D I spent all my spare time on here instead! Luckily, I seem to be coming to grips with my forum addicition or I can just kiss my Uni career good bye!

Julia
11-03-2008, 09:29 AM
My husband supports me to a point but I find that Even with having all day Wednesday (dont mind any children that day? just the way it works out) and Sunday afternoon, I still dont have enough time, for all the reading observations, evaluations, reflective practice and essays.

Im just at an all time low:(

sarah707
11-03-2008, 09:41 AM
I'm sorry to hear you're finding it a struggle Julia. Can you speak to your tutor about a possible extension? It is not good for you if you are not able to complete the work without getting stressed by it to that extent.

It is also worth remembering that you do not have to achieve 93% to pass! A pass is a pass and a wonderful achievement... aim for the best you can do, do not try to do everything if you can't and do not compare yourself with others :D