PDA

View Full Version : do you charge for nursery pick ups

ajs
07-01-2010, 02:26 PM
as the title says do you charge extra for local nursery pick ups

my little one who i have had for 3 years starts nursery on tuesday and mum asked me how much i will be charging, i assumed she was asking me to reduce the daily rate as i won't be having her but what she was asking was how much i would charge for the 1 mile drive or 15 minute walk to school.

i don't charge and have no intention of charging her but wondered what others do

i know someone who used to charge from the minute she left home for the after school pick up. and she left at 2:45 to collect at 3:15 the journey she did took me less then 10 minutes

Louise_Oaktree
07-01-2010, 02:28 PM
If I was getting paid already for a full day whilst the child was at nursery I wouldn't charge any extra, if I was only getting paid the time the child was with me, I would probably add something on....or not do it at all because it wouldn't be worth it financially and would be taking a full day space...I really don't do part time fees....if they come they pay a full day rate...but to be honest have only been asked once.

Curly Quavers
07-01-2010, 02:32 PM
If I drop off a child and the parents want me to collect and be the contact for Nursery if they have any problems then I charge parents for the 2 1/2 hours child is at nursery. I would not charge extra for dropping them off.

mama2three
07-01-2010, 02:57 PM
for after school i would charge from 3 as that is what time i am working from to get to school. so i suppose it would be similar for nursery. but if i had them anyway i wouldnt charge extra for the run - im getting paid whether im playing with the mindees or walking to school.

Blaze
07-01-2010, 03:39 PM
For after school I charge from the time I leave & do the same if I am just picking up from the nursary ....if I am charging for the morning because I drop off then off course there is no charge IYSWIM
HTH:)

beccas
07-01-2010, 04:11 PM
i charge a standard rate after school 3 til 6 £10
if earlier then daily rate stands but i dont charge for picking up or dropping off but i know some cm in my area do.

miffy
07-01-2010, 04:22 PM
I don't charge for nursery/playgroup pick-ups and I only charge from 3.30pm for the after-schoolers.

Miffy xx

Mollymop
07-01-2010, 04:24 PM
For after school I charge from the time I leave & do the same if I am just picking up from the nursary ....if I am charging for the morning because I drop off then off course there is no charge IYSWIM
HTH:)

I'm the same

suez
07-01-2010, 05:41 PM
i quired this when i 1st started and i was told that if im on call whilst still in pre school the the same amount applys
example
im contracted for b 8.30-2.30 he started pre school n mom queried about the fees for him bein in afternoon pre school i reminded her the school have in set days ,snow days, school hols and that if she wanted to change contract to the time he goes into pre school she can do so BUT she would have to arrange alternate care durin school closed days so to make sure she was always coved we kept it to 2.30pm

sorry iv rambled far too much :blush:

Chimps Childminding
07-01-2010, 08:55 PM
I don't charge extra for taking/collecting from Nursery, but I do still charge full while they are there as they are taking a space that can't be filled by someone else as it is required during holidays etc. If the child is 3 and is getting nursery funded then it doesn't cost the parents anymore!

suez
07-01-2010, 09:22 PM
I don't charge extra for taking/collecting from Nursery, but I do still charge full while they are there as they are taking a space that can't be filled by someone else as it is required during holidays etc. If the child is 3 and is getting nursery funded then it doesn't cost the parents anymore!

now why couldnt i explain it as simply as that lol :blush: