PDA

View Full Version : Sleeping concern

Bendy
07-01-2010, 01:02 PM
Hi

Just want to make sure that I'm doing the right thing. My mindee normally has a nap around 10.30am, she show signs of tideness by laying on floor and sucking thumb. So I normally check her nappy then put her in travel cot.

She normally winges for 2-3 mins then it all goes quite. I check on her every 10-15mins from a position where she can't see me. However she is awake standing and sucking her thumb, occasionally she tries to remove items of clothing or she throws blankets and sheets out of cot all the time she seems happy and is not crying. She has been doing this for the last three days and it can take her up to 45mins to fall asleep. My concern is that I feel bad leaving her in a room refined to a cot for 45 mins when we could be doing something constructive.

Would you do anything different?

Bendy

Mollymop
07-01-2010, 01:07 PM
No I would leave her, more than likely it would take her 45 mins to get off to sleep if you took her out of the cot and then tried again at a later time. That's just my opinion going by a few mindees and my own kids who always took a while to go off to sleep x

RainbowMum
07-01-2010, 01:07 PM
How old is she? I would think about moving nap to after lunch?

nannymcflea
07-01-2010, 01:09 PM
I would leave her too. If she's not in distress but needs a sleep then the cot is the best place.:thumbsup:

Bendy
07-01-2010, 01:19 PM
She is 15 months. I've had her since September and normally she falls asleep quite quickly. Maybe your suggestions to move nap time might work, I'll have a word with mum and let you know how I get on next week. Just wanted to make sure that leaving her was ok and in her best interests.

Thanks Bendy

loocyloo
07-01-2010, 01:23 PM
i have a 15mth mindee who, when put in the cot, strips it of blanket, cuddlies, her shoes/socks and anything thing else she can remove! she hasn't thought of the sheet yet !! :laughing: she throws it all on the floor and chatters away!

i check on her, and once she is asleep (this can take up to 45 minutes) put a blanket over her! (she sleeps after lunch)

mindee does this for parents too!

i've solved it in the daytime ... mindee sleeps snuggled up in the puchchair! i put her in, wrap a fleece blanket around her plus cosytoes and she goes to sleep in seconds and sleeps much longer and better!

parents are happy with this!

Alibali
07-01-2010, 01:23 PM
Around that age all of mine have outgrown morning nap too. They now go after lunch.

little chickee
07-01-2010, 01:29 PM
I would just carry on doing what you are doing. She is not crying or unhappy its just her way of settling herself to sleep. I have a 11 month baby who when she shows signs of tiredness i put her down - she does the same sometimes - pulls off socks, pops her dummy in and out chatters to herself.

Not all kids go straight to sleep. even if she used to she is just entering a new stage. my mindee also lies quietly once she has woken up - if she is quiet and content i leave her for a bit. if she was unhappy or needing me she would cry.

Princess Sara
07-01-2010, 01:59 PM
Maybe she doesn't need the nap at that time anymore. At that age ds2 started to merge his morning and afternoon nap into a big lunchtime nap. I'd try putting her down for a nap 30 minutes later than normal.

Curly Quavers
07-01-2010, 02:05 PM
I would say just leave her for the time being however I think by 18 months 1 sleep after lunch is more than enough and if she is still doing this then she is ready for 1 sleep.

The Juggler
07-01-2010, 10:25 PM
we need to follow their cue. if they are tired, let them sleep. if you want to move her to afternoon nap, give her 10 min powernap.