PDA

View Full Version : what do you think?could do we some advice

sandy64
07-01-2010, 10:26 AM
I have a lovely child i mind but am getting fed up with never knowing when coming hrs are 8.30-5.30pm but example yesterday didnt show no phone call. today so far no call/not arrived this has been happening since i started with them ive spoke to mum on many occasions about please letting me know if going to be late or not coming but still doesnt i am refusing to ring her to ask as ive done that so many times surely i shudnt be chasing her? one good thing provided i have them on a friday she will pay me for all missed days. otherwise i have to wait till the following fri please let me know what you think am i making to much or would it annoy you?

RachelE
07-01-2010, 10:35 AM
No, I dont think you are making too much of it at all.

You need to know where you are up to.
Its common courtesy to let you know and not to keep you guessing and waiting.

I'd be annoyed too.

Another polite (or not!?) word needed I think.

Rachel x

mamasheshe
07-01-2010, 10:44 AM
No, I dont think you are making too much of it at all.

You need to know where you are up to.
Its common courtesy to let you know and not to keep you guessing and waiting.

I'd be annoyed too.

Another polite (or not!?) word needed I think.

Rachel x

ditto x

estrelas
07-01-2010, 10:59 AM
That would drive me insane.
You need to tell her again and be firm, if she wasn't there by her due time i'd give another hour out of courtesy then not answer or go out just to get the message across!!
I mean come on who else would wait around all day!
I'm really lucky with my parents in this area yesterday morning everyone of them (all 11) had called by 8am to let me know there plans due to school closing.

We have to be prepared to, sorting lunches, heating house getting toys out, I would be very cross if I was doing all that on a daily basis for no one to show up

Mollymop
07-01-2010, 11:37 AM
Oh dear I can see why you are frustrated especially after speaking to mum and it still hasn't helped the situation

If it were me I would phone her and ask her why the children haven't arrived, then explain again that you can't wait in not knowing whether they are coming or not. Tell her that you need payment by Friday whether they are coming or not.

I wouldn't wait in for the children to arrive - I would give it 30 mins past the time of their arrival and just carry on as if I wasn't due to have them. I would go out and do what I had arranged. If they turned up very late I wouldn't except them (after I had warned mum of course)

Andrea08
07-01-2010, 11:41 AM
one last warning if parent is late after that go out,,, have your phone with you and if parent rings you say,,,sorry but you didnt call to say you would be late and i have made arrangements ,,,

she should get the msg then,, and yes you should still get paid for lateness or no show

good luck there seems to be more problems round parents than EYFS at the mo.

xx

gigglinggoblin
07-01-2010, 11:42 AM
This would also drive me mad but if she is paying you for time off I would be tempted to keep them on (I know how awful that sounds). I know you have to set up etc but if you get a full days pay for 1/2 hour in the morning it might be worth it! I would make it clear that you will not be staying in so if they are not here and there has been no phone call then they wont get childcare and I would also suggest she may want to find a different way of paying to avoid your new £5 a day late payment fee.

sandy64
07-01-2010, 04:55 PM
thanks for advice its good to hear your opinions still not heard from her today il wait and see what happens in morn only got her as well. what she also does if she hasnt arrived before i do school run and can be a few hrs later rings me on moby to see where i am and has to find me but thats still not right plus i do like to no what im doing for the day sorry for moaning and really do like your opinions

Chatterbox Childcare
07-01-2010, 04:56 PM
I use to have this and eventually I would send a text saying that I was leaving and if she wanted me I would be at ..... sometimes she would turn up and sometimes not but I wouldn't wait around.