PDA

View Full Version : Doubts this time of year?

tigger
07-01-2010, 09:20 AM
:( I was just wondering if anyone else hs doubts about what they are doing this time of year. Just come back from 2 wk break in over 2 1/2 yrs and come back to an overwhealming amount of washing, ironing, cleaning up etc that we all have to do but started on back Monday very tearful, down. I can't see the woods for the trees at the moment. Do I put this down to holiday blues, but I really don't know if I want to do this anymore? What do you think?

Curly Quavers
07-01-2010, 10:27 AM
I always always feel like this Jan and Feb every year. Seems to be the time of year I make my big decisions.

2 years ago a gave up my admin job to be at home with my girls (best thing I ever did)

Last year I made the decision to become a childminder - was registered beginning of June.

This year I feel I just need to get on with it now and try not to let it get to me like usual. I don't really have any big choices left to make (well not this year anyways)

Hope you are feeling better soon
x

Hebs
07-01-2010, 10:52 AM
yes

i think it's the bad weather, the dark mornings/nights

:laughing:

donnagwynne
07-01-2010, 12:30 PM
Yes.

I feel the same too.

I had a week off at Christmas (unpaid) and expected to come back to work with a little more enthusiasm. I had totally had it by the time I broke up at Christmas. I thought I would use the holiday time to catch up with everything but I was so exhausted that I did nothing at all. Now I am further behind with everything and the house is already a tip.

I hope that I will feel better in the spring, but am not too hopeful at the moment.

Donna

lou lou
07-01-2010, 12:46 PM
i am just the same i had such a lovely xmas break no stress no arguments and this week i just seem to be stressed with children arguing all the time and fighting, perhaps it is the time of year and it will get better

Mollymop
07-01-2010, 12:51 PM
I often feel like this after xmas is over and done with - like there isn't much to look forward too...
Don't worry you will start feeling better soon. x

jumpinjen
07-01-2010, 12:55 PM
Ah, you poor thing, sending hugs to you!!

I always start with a cuppa and a list when i feel like that!!

Sit down and write down what is bothering you on one page, what needs doing for childminding on the next, what you need to do in the house on the next etc, then prioritse what is the most important, that needs doing first, and what you could actually survive without doing!

Try to enlist the help of others to get some bits done. Could you organise to meet with friends or otehr minders to spend the morning toegther so you arent; doing it all on your own?

And most importantly of all, look after yourself, eat well, go to bed an hour earlier than you have been doing and go easy on yourself..... contrary to poplular belief, we women are not fairy godmothers and you work very ahrd and have a lot of responsibilities.

Oh, yeah, and eat chocolate cake.... lots of cake!!!

Jenni :)

mumx3
07-01-2010, 01:24 PM
I felt like this over the weekend knowing what was to come... I waa sooo grateful for the snow as it has given me time to get stuff done having less or no mindees and no school runs to keep me going in and out all the time chopping the day up!

I have also looked at trying to cut spending by budgeting better rather than take on more children. Saving £400 a month by looking at where we bleed money, has meant I could say no to taking on more work and that has given me more time to get stuff done.

Keep talking about it and remember everyone feels like this sometimes so you arent alone.