PDA

View Full Version : a morning of paperwork for me....

carebear25
07-01-2010, 08:44 AM
Yey a morning to do my paper work.

School mindee who not back at school yet is havin a day with grandma.

My own ds is at nursery braved the roads an walked him up there at 7.30am poor child.

Only mindee 9mth is comin at 9am an wil probably sleep 10.30am til pickup time.

Paper work or housework i now cant decide.....

:clapping: :clapping:

miffy
07-01-2010, 08:45 AM
Or you could just stay on here........................;)

Miffy xx

Andrea08
07-01-2010, 08:47 AM
hi, I sat ere yesterday waiting for mindee then at 10am parent txt to say she couldn't walk to mine,,,not that she needed childcare her college is closed,, so i was a very good girl and worked on my Ofsted SEF,,, not an easy task ladies

pat on the back if you do ya paperwork :thumbsup:

carebear25
07-01-2010, 08:48 AM
SEF now there is a thing I shud really make a start on ......

solly
07-01-2010, 08:54 AM
I am not working as only have 2 mindees from the same family and after yesterdays fiasco of having to abandon her car outside my house and stay with me for a couple of hours until we managed to get her going again she has decided not to risk driving.
I had a mum phone me last night to ask if i could have her school kids today as the schools are still closed i was about to say yes until she said i am really asking a favour as i wont be able to afford to pay you the extra hours:angry: I declined very politely so have got the day off.

Need to get my planning for the next few months done

carebear25
07-01-2010, 08:55 AM
Or you could just stay on here........................;)

Miffy xx

wil probably stay on line an keep poppin on xx

teacake2
07-01-2010, 10:05 AM
I have an unexpected day off too, not due to the weather but because I pulled a muscle in my side yesterday, didn't think too much of it at first because we all get strains at times with our jobs don't we, but had a really bad night and the pain is very strong this morning, no doctors appointments available so will try and sort pain medication myself. The most comfortable position for my back is sitting in the computer chair, that is my excuse anyway for being on here instead catching up with paperwork.
Teacake2

carebear25
07-01-2010, 05:55 PM
Got sum paper work done but when it came to learning journals an eyfs i got distracted, may have a day off 2moro 2 so my get it done then :)

TheBTeam
07-01-2010, 09:24 PM
The fact that i have almost all of the lo's back tomorrow i did take a look at my learning journeys and have decided to change the way i display them. I am due an inspection in july and i am going down the scrapbook type route rather than the wallet folders I have been using. They take up less space are easier to stick non a4 stuff in and I am also changing the way i mark of the l&d sheets to show a childs attainment, so i have set up my new way, just need to get some stuff to do it with when the snow clears and the los are back!

I needed to simplify slightly and hoping that you will see more progression rather than just a collection of work with writing on it.

guest3
07-01-2010, 11:02 PM
The fact that i have almost all of the lo's back tomorrow i did take a look at my learning journeys and have decided to change the way i display them. I am due an inspection in july and i am going down the scrapbook type route rather than the wallet folders I have been using. They take up less space are easier to stick non a4 stuff in and I am also changing the way i mark of the l&d sheets to show a childs attainment, so i have set up my new way, just need to get some stuff to do it with when the snow clears and the los are back!

I needed to simplify slightly and hoping that you will see more progression rather than just a collection of work with writing on it.

I've got scrapbooks for my learning journeys but have not been brave enough to fill anything in yet....I've got so many sample obs & planning sheets i'm not sure what i should be doing! I've got an early years passport filled in which i hope will prove the mindees starting points.
Does all the obs & next steps go in the learning journey and if so, what proof do i have for Ofsted that I'm progressing each child?

I feel swamped with all this paperwork! :(

Wendy x

Chatterbox Childcare
07-01-2010, 11:17 PM
I have come on the computer 3 times today and tried to do at least one month of books but no 3 times I have got side tracked but it was fun on Facebook tonight - thanks you ladies and DDC for being such a good sport.