PDA

View Full Version : errrr what do i do??

emmadines
07-01-2010, 08:11 AM
the school sent us this,

West Borough Primary School is open today between 9am and 3pm only for those children whose parents need childcare.

now i only have kids before and after schoolers, do i take them in as normal (its litrally a 2 seccond walk round the corner!) along with my own??

Chatterbox Childcare
07-01-2010, 08:12 AM
If the parents are paying you then call and ask them

emmadines
07-01-2010, 08:14 AM
shes brought them in uniform so i assume to take them to school

The Juggler
07-01-2010, 08:17 AM
she might not have read the leaflet. I imagine if it is free or cheap she will rather save money but I would keep your two at home with you and have fun in the snow.

I would do what Debbie said and call her to check but ensure you point out she will need to pay you if they stay with you!

Mrs.L.C
07-01-2010, 08:32 AM
im not sure what to do as well with my own child. schools open and we walk so no problem there but im worried they might not have all their staff in as most live outside the town and are the grounds going to be safe

Andrea08
07-01-2010, 08:41 AM
hi, first i would talk with parents and tell them that you will charge £xxx if the children are to stay with you all day and then ring the school,, if parents are working or at college etc then they need child care!!!

the school should then be able to explain the facts to you and if they need your support to have the children then tell the parents the facts...

you could go into school and offer your services and talk all the children with you,,,save on your heating bill ;0)

miffy
07-01-2010, 09:05 AM
What did you decide to do?

Miffy xx

emmadines
07-01-2010, 12:27 PM
I walked round to the school and asked if they were to come in, the head said take them through, if shed turned us away then i would have called mum and told her the school was closed!

Mollymop
07-01-2010, 02:02 PM
Glad you got it sorted out.
I guesss if the school was open for those who needed childcare - then your mindees would have been those who would have needed to go as they needed childcare as their parents were at work. I guess the letter mean't if parents are at home then keep your kids at home - our schools answer phone said that just before xmas ( their last day) "only bring them in if you have to as we are short staffed" Parents who went out to work took their kids as normal, at home mum's and Dad's kept their kids off