PDA

View Full Version : paperwork for each child

ss1983
06-01-2010, 11:04 PM
hi im quite a new childminder stared in dec09
how much paperwork do you need for each child. i have a eyfs folder, a folder which has setting in day and personal details like permission forms .a about me page. then a folder for otherwork/own interests.pictues ect is this to much per child?
when you take pictures of child at park or out where do you put all those photos, on display?but then where once you have taken more photos?
so much paperwork never ending :)

singlewiththree
07-01-2010, 08:19 AM
Welcome to the forum

I have:-

A learning journey EYFS folder per child
A small filing box with all the contracts/permission slips in for all children
A risk assessment/fire log book
A mediciations book
A accident book
A planning book
A register

Accounts are done on the computer but I have a expandable file for receipts.

When I take photos I only print off those for observations the rest I keep on a memory stick and then let the parents take that home once a term and I then delete the excess ones off my computer as I don't need to keep them. I don't usually put photos on display but I have a photo album where I put them in and write what we did but no names.

beccas
07-01-2010, 04:21 PM
I have a learning journal for each child,
a file with all my planing bits in and blank ra etc..,
then i have my portfolio i show parents and in this i have scrapbook pages at front with photos of children in my care having fun at my setting and on visits,
i then have a daily/ weekly file with attendance register, completed ra, daily ra, planning sheets from past weeks, letters regarding training etc,
then each child has a folscap folder with all contracts permission etc, these are kept in a file box.

I use some photos for obs as well also letthem take them home.

Older children have their own books at myhouse which they can write about visits or days with me in and i stick odd photos ofthem in it as well.