PDA

View Full Version : Help!

little miss chatterbox
06-01-2010, 10:12 PM
Right I really need to sort my insurance out as it needs renewing!
I've always gone with NCMA but since seeing on here about the eyfs guides you get for free when you join MM I am thinking of going with them.

However I was tempted to get the NCMA membership too (i know it will cost more) just to have the NCMA backup (and to support them) too.

I guess what I'm asking, is for those of you who have the EYFS guides/course, would you say it's worth changing insurance over just for that and is there anything else I should know about the differences.

I would really appreciate your help, thoughts and comments!

Thanks all

beccas
07-01-2010, 04:23 PM
bumping this up as i am also considering this and noo ne has replied to you yet.

sarah707
08-01-2010, 07:58 AM
MM are an insurance company who offer free extras for childminders - online copy of Creative Steps magazine, some training guides for the Eyfs, a monthly newsletter about childminding / childcare issues...

Ncma are a registered charity for childminders who also offer insurance.

MM are cheaper than Ncma for insurance. If you join MM you will get all the extras as well as insurance.

If you get your insurance from Ncma that's all you will get... you then need to pay the membership fee to get extras.

You can combine the 2 if you wish.

hth :D

beccas
08-01-2010, 09:57 AM
Thank you sarah.

Chatterbox Childcare
08-01-2010, 12:22 PM
If you wanted to support NCMA and get all the additional bits then why not take out their membership and MM insurance.