PDA

View Full Version : scrambled egg and babies

sweets
06-01-2010, 09:32 PM
anyone know what the latest guidlines are for giving babies eggs?

i have a 15mnth old and 11 month old mindees. can they have it?

i will check with parents first if theyv had it before in case of allergies but i dont want to suggest it if its a big no no.

ive a feeling its 12mnths

Princess Sara
06-01-2010, 10:04 PM
It's 6 months as long as the egg is cooked thoroughly.

Blaze
06-01-2010, 10:05 PM
As above!:thumbsup:

sweets
06-01-2010, 10:09 PM
great thankyou. will ask mums about it.

i am trying to think of different things to give them instead of having to make full meals everyday!

P.Miracle
06-01-2010, 11:51 PM
Hello Sweets!

I have a 9 month old daughter and have spent a lot of time repeating like a mantra to myself about the things babies can and can not eat!

Same as the replies above- yes, babies can eat scrambled egg from 6 months as long as the egg is cooked firm and NOT runny. I shared some of my cheese and tomato omlette with my daughter the other day at lunch!

As for ideas on what to give the children in your care, I highly reccomend looking up Annabel Karmel, I have used her recipes while cooking for my daughter. The recipes are healthy, easy, cheap and can mostly be frozen for future use. That lady is a genius!!!

Good luck and I hope you and the children have fun playing with your food! =)

PMx

helenlc
07-01-2010, 07:53 AM
As well as scrambled eggs, you can also give them omelette strips. I used to do this for the twins I used to nanny for - it was a good finger food.

singlewiththree
07-01-2010, 08:12 AM
I have a 9mth old and a 20mth old and I tend to just freeze meals I have cooked with my family. If I can I just save some in the fridge for them the next day otherwise they have some frozen stuff. I do make the odd child only meal out of Annabel Karmel and use that when we haven't eaten anything suitable but mostly they eat leftovers